|Country of origin||United States|
|No. of seasons||2|
|No. of episodes||10|
|Picture format||1080i (16:9 HDTV)|
|Original release||October 7, 2013– present|
Dream School is an American reality television series on SundanceTV that premiered on October 7, 2013. The series follows fifteen high school dropouts as they are taught by a series of celebrity "teachers", including actor David Arquette, conservationist Jeff Corwin, civil rights activist Jesse Jackson, astronaut Mae Jemison, television journalist Soledad O'Brien, financial expert Suze Orman, filmmaker Oliver Stone, and musician Swizz Beatz. The series is an adaptation of British television show Jamie's Dream School, created by celebrity chef Jamie Oliver, and is produced by Oliver and rapper Curtis "50 Cent" Jackson.
Season 1 (2013)
|No.||Title||Original air date|
|1||"50 Cent, Oliver Stone, David Arquette & Cliff Dorfman"||October 7, 2013|
|David Arquette takes the role of homeroom teacher and welcomes the students to "Dream School". Cliff Dorfman takes the role of English Teacher, and, despite his efforts, some rebel against him.|
|2||"Jeff Corwin, Soledad O'Brien, David Arquette & Doriana Sanchez"||October 14, 2013|
|Doriana Sanchez tests the students with handling themselves in public with an exercise; however, her non-confrontational stance might give some student too much leeway. Jeff Corwin serves the school as Biology teacher by taking nature to them. With an exam coming up, Corwin makes a proposal, the top students will come with him and learn firsthand behind the scenes of his profession.|
|3||"Music With Swizz Beatz"||October 21, 2013|
|Despite succeeding, the teachers notice that all the students are struggling with English basics. Swizz Beatz takes the role of music teacher to inspire the students.|
|4||"History With Oliver Stone"||October 28, 2013|
|Director Oliver Stone plays History Teacher again despite the last session. He teaches them History through life experience.|
|5||"Suze Orman's Smackdown"||November 4, 2013|
|Suze Orman takes the role of Economics Teacher and ingrains the concept of "real life" into all of the students, except for one who decides to walk out on the program.|
|6||"The Final Test"||November 11, 2013|
Season 2 (2014)
On May 19, 2014, SundanceTV renewed the series for a second season, slated to premiere Wednesday, October 1 at 10/9c.
Season 3 (2015)
Sometime in the Fall Dream School renewed for Third Season.
Dream School Faculty
- Principal – Dr. Steven Keller
- Scott Whitney
- Tizoc Brenes
- Emily Bautista
- Curtis “50 Cent” Jackson
- David Arquette
- Dr. Mae Jemison (Earth Science)
- Cara Santa Maria (Physical Science)
- Jeff Corwin (Biology)
- Fabien Cousteau (Physics)
- Oliver Stone (World History)
- Suze Orman (Economics)
- Rev. Jesse Jackson (Political Science)
- Cliff Dorfman (Writing/Literature)
- Soledad O’ Brien (Journalism)
- Swizz Beatz (Music)
- Doriana Sanchez (Dance)
- Chris Jordan (Photography)
- Roy Choi (Cooking)
- "Sundance Channel Goes Back to School on October 7 with the Premiere of "Dream School"". The Futon Critic (Press release). August 20, 2012. Retrieved October 5, 2013.
- Witherspoon, Chris (October 4, 2013). "50 Cent helps students turn their lives around in 'Dream School'". theGrio.
- "Sundance Channel sets October 7 premiere for DREAM SCHOOL". Retrieved October 1, 2013.
- 'Dream School' Set to Premiere October 1