|Founder||"Big Daddy" John Bishop|
|Headquarters||Tuscaloosa, Alabama, United States|
Number of locations
|Alabama and Georgia|
Dreamland Bar-B-Que is a barbecue restaurant chain based in Alabama. It was founded by "Big Daddy" John Bishop in the Jerusalem Heights neighborhood of Tuscaloosa, Alabama, in 1958, but has since franchised, opening Alabama restaurants in Birmingham, Montgomery, Huntsville, Mobile, and Northport. It has also opened two restaurants in the Atlanta, Georgia metropolitan area, in Roswell and Duluth. In May 2016, Dreamland Bar-B-Que opened up its first Florida location at the Centre of Tallahassee in Tallahassee, FL. The company is known for its ribs and barbecue sauce.
The original Dreamland is one of Tuscaloosa's main attractions. The restaurants have received much attention from local and national media outlets. In 2005, Southern Living listed Dreamland in its article on the best restaurants in Alabama. In 2006, USA Today included Dreamland as one of the top 10 barbecue joints in the country. The Atlanta Journal-Constitution, in 2006, listed Dreamland at #3 of "the best eateries around the SEC." In May 2008, Details Magazine listed Dreamland as the best barbecue by mail order. Dreamland BBQ is also mentioned in Mojo Nixon's song, UFO's, Big Rigs, and BBQ.
The exterior of the original Dreamland in Tuscaloosa, Alabama
- "Rib meat and greet at Alabama an absolute Dream". USA Today. 2008-10-02. Retrieved 2008-10-02.
- "The Bear aside, here's what to do in Tuscaloosa". The Atlanta Journal-Constitution. Retrieved 2009-02-11.
- "Our Favorite Regional Restaurants: Alabama". Southern Living. Retrieved 2008-09-11.
- "USA Today's Top 10 barbecue joints". Slashfood. 2006-05-07. Retrieved 2008-09-11.
- D'Alessio, Jeff (2006-01-24). "GIMME 5: Best eateries around the SEC". The Atlanta-Journal Constitution.
- "Dreamland BBQ - In the news". Dreamland Bar-B-Q. Archived from the original on 2008-05-01. Retrieved 2008-09-11.