Dreams of Speaking
From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
|Publisher||Vintage Books, Australia|
|Media type||Print (Paperback)|
|LC Class||PR9619.3.J6863 D74 2006b|
|Preceded by||Sixty Lights|
The novel explores the themes of the creative writing process, memory, loneliness and cross-cultural friendships.
"Let us sculpt in hopeless silence all our dreams of speaking" - Fernando Pessoa, The Book of Disquiet
- International IMPAC Dublin Literary Award, 2008: shortlisted
- Miles Franklin Literary Award, 2007: shortlisted
- New South Wales Premier's Literary Awards, Christina Stead Prize for Fiction, 2007: shortlisted
- Nita Kibble Literary Award, 2007: shortlisted
- Orange Prize for Fiction (UK), 2006: longlisted
- Western Australian Premier's Book Awards, Fiction, 2006: shortlisted
- This novel was also printed in a German edition.
|This article about a 2000s novel is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.
See guidelines for writing about novels. Further suggestions might be found on the article's talk page.