This biography of a living person needs additional citations for verification. (November 2018) (Learn how and when to remove this template message)
Kaser with the Chargers in 2016
|Born:||February 11, 1993|
|Height:||6 ft 2 in (1.88 m)|
|Weight:||206 lb (93 kg)|
|High school:||Walsh Jesuit|
(Cuyahoga Falls, Ohio)
|NFL Draft:||2016 / Round: 6 / Pick: 179|
|* Offseason and/or practice squad member only|
|Career NFL statistics as of 2018|
As a redshirt sophomore in 2013, Kaser was a finalist for the Ray Guy Award, given annually to the best collegiate punter. Kaser was also named 2013 Sporting News All-American and first-team All-SEC punter. He led the SEC with an average punt at 47.4 yards, breaking the old school record of 47.0 yards held by Shane Lechler. Kaser kicked his longest punt of the season for 76 yards against Rice University. Kaser would later be named special teams MVP at the Aggies annual banquet.
In 2014, his junior year, Kaser was ranked No. 11 in the nation and No. 3 in the SEC, averaging 44.5 yards a punt on 56 punts, with 15 punts over 50 yards. Kaser also earned National Punter of the Week after averaging 54.7 yards on three punts in A&M’s victory over Auburn. Kaser had a career-high four punts downed inside the opponent 20-yard line against Mississippi State and Louisiana-Monroe.
San Diego/Los Angeles Chargers
Green Bay Packers
On November 3, 2018, Kaser was signed by the Green Bay Packers as an emergency option in case JK Scott needed to leave for the birth of his first child. The Packers then released Kaser on November 5 to make room on the roster for Ibraheim Campbell.
- "DREW KASER". Texas A&M. Texas A&M University. Retrieved March 25, 2015.
- "Memphis punter Tom Hornsey wins Ray Guy Award". Boston Herald. December 13, 2013. Retrieved October 11, 2016.
- Henne, Ricky (April 30, 2016). "Chargers Select Texas A&M Punter Drew Kaser". Chargers.com. Retrieved May 28, 2017.
- Gehlken, Michael (April 30, 2016). "Chargers release Mike Scifres, draft Drew Kaser". The San Diego Union-Tribune. Retrieved October 11, 2016.
- Henne, Ricky (October 2, 2018). "Chargers Make Punter Switch; Sign Donnie Jones". Chargers.com.
- "Packers sign P Drew Kaser". Packers.com. November 3, 2018.
- "Drew Kaser: Let go by Green Bay". CBSSports.com. CBS Sports. November 5, 2018. Retrieved November 5, 2018.
- "Raiders announce reserve/future signings - 1.1.19". Raiders.com. January 1, 2019.
- "Raiders announce transactions - 5.6.19". Raiders.com. May 6, 2019.