|Full name||Drew Alan McAthy|
|Date of birth||September 10, 1982|
|Place of birth||Huntington Beach, California, United States|
|Height||6 ft 2 in (1.88 m)|
|Huntington Beach High School|
|2001–2004||UC Santa Barbara Gauchos|
|2003||Orange County Blue Star||12||(3)|
|2004||Cape Cod Crusaders||9||(5)|
|2005||Puerto Rico Islanders||23||(1)|
|* Senior club appearances and goals counted for the domestic league only.
Drew Alan McAthy (born September 10, 1982) is a retired American soccer player.
Youth and college
McAthy played high school soccer for Huntington Beach High School in Southern California. He set school records for career goals at 41, career assists at 28, and assists in one season. He was also recognized as a "Scholar with Distinction" upon graduation from HBHS. His prowess on the field and in the classroom led to being recruited to the University of California, Santa Barbara to play college soccer on scholarship by coach Tim Vom Steeg.
With the UCSB Gauchos, he played for 4 years, eventually leading the team to the 2004 Division I Men's College Cup where the Gauchos fell in penalties in the championship game to Indiana University. He was named the 2004 College Cup’s Most Outstanding Offensive Player for the tournament.
While at university, McAthy played for two different PDL teams to gain experience and keep fitness throughout the summer. In 2003, he appeared in 9 games and scored 2 goals for Orange County Blue Star alongside UCSB teammate Dan Kennedy. The next season, he played for Cape Cod Crusaders and scored 5 goals with 2 assists in 9 games.
Upon graduating from UCSB, McAthy was drafted by the Los Angeles Galaxy in the 2nd Round, 19th Overall, of the 2005 MLS Supplemental Draft. McAthy elected not to join up with the Galaxy and was drafted by the Puerto Rico Islanders in the 1st Round, 1st Overall, of the 2005 USL First Division College Draft.
McAthy joined the Puerto Rico Islanders and played the 2005 season with them, scoring once in 23 games. He then signed with Portland Timbers the next season. McAthy appeared in 14 games without scoring a goal and was released at the end of the season.
- "2003 Orange County Blue Star roster and statistics". http://www.uslsoccer.com. Archived from the original on June 10, 2006. Retrieved March 24, 2016. External link in
- "2004 Cape Cod Crusaders roster and statistics". http://www.uslsoccer.com. Archived from the original on December 13, 2004. Retrieved March 24, 2016. External link in
- Islanders draft Drew McAthy first overall Archived December 9, 2006, at the Wayback Machine. From http://www.uslsoccer.com, Posted 18 January 2005.
- "Islanders draft Drew McAthy first overall". Puerto Rico Islanders. January 18, 2005. Archived from the original on March 8, 2005. Retrieved April 22, 2016.
- "2005 Puerto Rico Islanders roster and statistics". http://www.uslsoccer.com. Archived from the original on March 19, 2006. Retrieved March 24, 2016. External link in
- Timbers Sign Four From http://timberlog.blogspot.com, Posted 03 March 2006.
- "2006 Portland Timbers roster and statistics". http://www.uslsoccer.com. Archived from the original on September 6, 2008. Retrieved March 24, 2016. External link in