Robinson with the Round Rock Express in 2018
|St. Louis Cardinals – No. 33|
|Infielder / Outfielder|
|Born: April 20, 1992|
Las Vegas, Nevada
|April 5, 2017, for the Texas Rangers|
|MLB statistics |
(through April 3, 2019)
|Runs batted in||22|
Drew Elliott Robinson (born April 20, 1992) is an American professional baseball infielder and outfielder for the St. Louis Cardinals of Major League Baseball (MLB). He previously played in MLB for the Texas Rangers.
Robinson was born on April 20, 1992, in Las Vegas, Nevada and attended Silverado High School. He was drafted by the Rangers in the fourth round of the 2010 Major League Baseball Draft and began his professional career that season. Upon being drafted, one sources said, "he profiles as a potential solid starting corner outfielder at the Major League level."
With the Arizona League Rangers in 2010, Robinson batted .286 with a .406 on-base percentage in 44 games. He split 2011 between the AZL Rangers and Spokane Indians, hitting a combined .200 with four home runs and 30 RBI in 51 games. For the Hickory Crawdads in 2012, Robinson batted .273 with a .409 on-base mark, hitting 13 home runs with 67 RBI, 10 steals and 86 walks in 123 games. He won his first Player of the Week honor that year. In 2013, Robinson batted .257 with eight home runs, 70 RBI and 10 stolen bases in 122 games for the Myrtle Beach Pelicans, earning another Player of the Week honor. With the Frisco RoughRiders and Round Rock Express in 2014, Robinson batted .198 with 12 home runs and 45 RBI in 96 games; in his first taste of Triple-A, he batted .304/.467/.522 with one home run and five RBI in eight games. He played for the RoughRiders and Express again in 2015, batting .235 with 21 home runs, 66 RBI, 16 stolen bases and 87 walks between them; again he performed well at Triple-A, batting .304 in 23 at-bats. He led the Texas League in home runs that year. He was a MiLB.com Organization All-Star in 2015 and earned another Player of the Week. In the offseason, he played for the Indios de Mayaguez in Puerto Rico. Going into 2016, Baseball America named him the #30 prospect in the Rangers system. He began 2016 with Round Rock.
Robinson made the Rangers' Opening Day roster in 2017. He made his major league debut on April 5. On June 25 he had his first major league hit, a home run, off Michael Pineda in a 7–6 Rangers victory over the New York Yankees at Yankee Stadium.
St. Louis Cardinals
- REVIEW-JOURNAL, TODD DEWEY LAS VEGAS (March 16, 2013). "Locals Gallo, Robinson eye Big League homecoming". Retrieved November 19, 2016.
- releasepoints (July 16, 2012). "Prospect Watch: Drew Robinson". Retrieved November 19, 2016.
- Seiler, Andy (July 16, 2010). "4.136 Texas Rangers - Drew Robinson, SS, Silverado HS (NV)". Retrieved November 19, 2016.
- "Drew Robinson Stats, Highlights, Bio - MiLB.com Stats - The Official Site of Minor League Baseball". Retrieved November 19, 2016.
- jjvazq (September 17, 2015). "Mayaguez cuadra sus refuerzos con Drew Robinson". Retrieved November 19, 2016.
- "Injuries change Rangers' Opening Day roster". MLB.com.
- Associated Press (26 June 2017). "Rangers power up for big lead, hold off Yankees 7-6". ESPN. Retrieved 26 June 2017.
- "Cardinals' Drew Robinson: Dealt to Cardinals". CBSSports.com.
|Wikimedia Commons has media related to Drew Robinson.|