Drexel University Sacramento
|Motto||Scientiae, Industria, Arte|
Motto in English
|Science, Industry, Art|
|Established||January 5th, 2009|
|Location||Sacramento, California, U.S.|
|Colors||Blue and Gold |
|Mascot||Dragon, "Mario the Magnificent"|
Drexel University Sacramento—DUS is a satellite campus of Drexel University, located in downtown Sacramento, California. It is on the Capitol Mall, beside the Tower Bridge over the Sacramento River. Drexel is a not-for-profit, private, research university based in Pennsylvania, with three campuses in Philadelphia.
Drexel University will be closing the Sacramento campus although students enrolled as of the announcement of the closure in the spring of 2015 will be allowed to complete their studies. Negotiations are underway to transition some of the Drexel University Sacramento graduate degree programs to the University of the Pacific. 
The Drexel University Sacramento Center for Graduate Studies opened in Sacramento in January 2009.
In December 2010, the Center graduated the first cohort of 30 students with graduate degrees in Business and Higher Education. In June 2011, more than 100 students were eligible to participate in Drexel's first commencement ceremony outside of Philadelphia in its 120-year history.
Drexel University's Sacramento Center for Graduate Studies was renamed Drexel University Sacramento in November 2012 as a result of the institution's launch of a Bachelor of Science in Business Administration.
Partnership with Kaiser Permanente
In 2013, Drexel University's College of Medicine announced Partnership with Kaiser Permanente in California to help ensure a strong physician workforce for the future and to further develop emerging health care leaders for the Sacramento region. Third year medical students from the College of Medicine will begin a year of clinical rotations at Kaiser Permanente medical centers in Sacramento, South Sacramento, Roseville and Vallejo in pediatrics, obstetrics/gynecology, surgery, outpatient psychiatry, family medicine and adult medicine.
Students in the Drexel University Sacramento Interdepartmental Medical Science program are also provided opportunities to observe Kaiser Permanente's model of care through a unique 10-week physician shadowing program that was started in March 2011.
In addition, Drexel programs are accredited by their respective top professional accreditation bodies, including the AACSB (Business), ABET (Engineering), ALA (Library Science), CIDA (Interior Design), CEPH (Public Health), and NLNAC (Nursing).
Full-Time Undergraduate Programs
- Bachelor of Science in Business Administration (Transfer Program)
Part-Time Graduate Programs
- Master of Business Administration
- Master of Business Administration in Healthcare
- Master of Public Health
- Master of Science in Higher Education
- EdD in Educational Leadership & Management
Full-Time Graduate Programs
- Master of Science in Finance
- Interdepartmental Medical Science (Pre-Med Post Bac)
- Master of Science in Medical Science
- Master of Science – Pathologists' Assistant Program (PathA)
- "Graphic Identity Program". Drexel University. Office of University Communications. Retrieved 9 March 2012.
- Drexel University Sacramento—DUS: Overview Archived April 19, 2013, at the Wayback Machine. . accessed 4.14.2013
- "Drexel Closing Sacramento Campus". The Sacramento Bee. Retrieved 2015-03-05.
- "Information for Prospective Students about Drexel's Collaboration with the University of the Pacific". Retrieved 2015-05-13.
- "Drexel University announces Sacramento debut". Sacramento Business Journal. 22 May 2008.
- "Mayor Kevin Johnson Opens Center for Graduate Studies in Sacramento". Drexel University. Retrieved 2012-05-22.
- "Drexel Sacramento Welcomes 110 New Students, Bringing Total Enrollment Over 360". Drexel University. Retrieved 2011-02-16.
- "Drexel University to Hold First Sacramento Commencement at Crocker Art Museum on June 25". Drexel University. 21 April 2011. Retrieved 2 December 2011.
- "Drexel will add undergraduate program with business focus". Sacramento Business Journal. 9 Nov 2012.
- "Partnership with Kaiser Permanente to Develop Physician Leaders". Drexel University. Retrieved 2013-09-09.
- "Drexel University - Accreditation". Drexel University. Retrieved 2012-05-22.
- "Drexel University - Facts and Figures". Drexel University. Retrieved 2013-02-01.