The Drina Regatta is a central tourist and recreational event, held on the Drina River. since 1994. It is organised by S.T.C. "Bajina Basta" and the Municipality of Bajina Basta for recreation in wooden rafts. The regatta is the most visited event in Western Serbia and central summer event on the water in the region.
Regatta and festivals
Day one of the festival features a swimming competition and fish soup competition near the small river of Vrelo in Perucac. The following day includes ‘Competition Regatta’ itself, which goes from Perućac to Bajina Bašta and dives from the Drina bridge which connects Bajina Bašta and Skelani in the Republika Srpska.
The third day is reserved for a major event and fun - recreational downhill, which involved hundreds of vessels and crew, with the trumpet, floating bar, music raft, barbecue and other specialties of the local.
The three-day regatta accompanied by concerts and other events, attracts over 100,000 visitors from within the country and abroad.
- "Drinska regata: Spust 15.000 ljudi". Vecernje Novosti. 21 July 2012.
- "Drinska regata Bajina Bašta 2008.". B92. 8 July 2008.
- Lara Zmukic (30 October 2012). Serbia - Culture Smart!: The Essential Guide to Customs & Culture. Kuperard. p. 111. ISBN 978-1-85733-655-9.
- "Rok zvezde u Bajinoj Bašti". Blic. 7 July 2010.
- "Одржана Дринска регата Бајина Башта". Радио Телевизија Војводине. 17 July 2010.