This article contains content that is written like an advertisement. (October 2012) (Learn how and when to remove this template message)
|Headquarters||Noida, Uttar Pradesh, India|
|Satyan Mishra (founder)|
Drishtee is an India-based business that provides information technology goods and services to rural India through village kiosks that are run and managed by local entrepreneurs. These kiosks are developed using a franchise and partnership model.
Some of the services provided by Drishtee include computer education, English courses, rural BPO, government services, health, insurance, e-commerce, microfinance etc. Through its low cost, direct delivery network of over 2,400 kiosks, Drishtee has impacted the lives of over 1.5 Million people in rural India. One of Drishtee's primary objectives is to empower rural communities by supporting local entrepreneurship and thus helping to stem the distress migration of people from rural to urban parts of the country. The organisation was founded in 2000 and is currently led by its co-founder and managing director – Mr. Satyan Mishra.
In its effort to bring critical services to rural India, which is home for more than 60% of the country's population, Drishtee has partnered with the following organisations:
- Acumen Fund
- Amaron Batteries
- ICICI Prudential
- International Finance Corporation (IFC)
- National Skill Development Corporation
- State Bank of India
Drishtee works in collaboration with several of its sister organisations that provide specialised services to rural India. Some of these organisations are:
- Drishtee Skill Development Center
- Quiver Infoservices 
- Cyber InfoDev
- Drishtee Foundation
Drishtee has been felicitated with the following accolades in recent times:
- Ashoka Foundation Fellowship Award, 2004 – Awarded to founder, Mr. Satyan Mishra
- Red Herring 100 Asia Award, 2006
- Deloitte FAST 50 (Asia), 2006 – Winner
- Tech Pioneer, 2007 – Award given by World Economic Forum
- Invitation to the Clinton Global Initiative, 2007
- i4donline.net ~ September 2004 Issue: Drishtee: A successful franchising business model for CMC Archived 11 January 2006 at the Wayback Machine
- Designing Change Archived 6 March 2007 at the Wayback Machine
- Robinson, Simon (9 November 2007). "Linking To Rural India". Time.
- "Drishtee". Acumen Fund. Archived from the original on 26 November 2007.
- IFC GBI – Drishtee Archived 5 July 2008 at the Wayback Machine
- (PDF) https://web.archive.org/web/20090320094352/http://download.microsoft.com/download/6/9/f/69f8c76b-198e-4114-9c12-f0b13e4d7e4e/WP_ScalingNewHeights.pdf. Archived from the original (PDF) on 20 March 2009. Retrieved 17 December 2007. Missing or empty
- "A Do-Good Diary". Bloomberg BusinessWeek. Archived from the original on 3 December 2007.
- "Satyan Mishra". Ashoka.org. Archived from the original on 2 April 2007.
- Red Herring Reveals the Award Winners of the 'Red Herring 100 Asia' Archived 6 February 2008 at the Wayback Machine
- "Drishtee fastest growing high-tech company in the country: Deloitte". The Indian Express. 29 November 2006. Archived from the original on 22 December 2007.
- "Business : Two Indian cos. among technology pioneers". The Hindu. 5 December 2006.
- World Economic Forum Archived 13 November 2007 at the Wayback Machine
- :: Clinton Global Initiative ::[permanent dead link]