Dropdead live in Austin, Texas on May 19, 2007
|Origin||Providence, Rhode Island, U.S.|
|Genres||Hardcore punk, powerviolence|
|Associated acts||The Fuzz, Lolita Black, I, Destroyer, Straight to Hell, Battlesnake, Monster X, Extinction Machine, She Rides, Fucking Invincible, Sweet Jesus, Mountain Man|
|Past members||Devon Cahill
Dropdead is an American hardcore punk band based in Providence, Rhode Island. They have been active in the punk scene since 1991, having been formed in 1990. The band's songs are generally short and very fast-paced, with few lasting longer than one minute. Other famous hardcore and crust punk bands like Nasum have covered some of their songs.
- Bob Otis – vocals. Previously in The Fuzz. Currently in Lolita Black, Extinction Machine, I Destroyer.
- Ben Barnett – guitar. Runs Armageddon Label and Armageddon Record Shop. Previously in Snake Apartment
- Brian Mastrobuono – drums. Previously in Straight to Hell, Battlesnake. Currently in neon bitches, ratstab
- George Radford – bass. Currently in Fucking Invincible and Sweet Jesus
- Former members
- Devon Cahill – bass. Previously in Monster X, Exploding Corpse Action, Conniption, and Hail Mary
- Lee Mastrobuono – bass.
The influences listed on the band's MySpace page are Siege, Japanese hardcore groups Gauze and S.O.B., British anarcho-punk groups Crass and Conflict, Swedish D-beat bands Mob 47 and Anti Cimex, and Japanoise pioneer Merzbow.
- Untitled 7" (1992, Crust Records)
- Dropdead/Rupture - split 8" (1992, Highly Collectable Records)
- Dropdead/Crossed Out - split 5" (1993, Co-released by 5 Labels)
- Self Titled LP/CD (1993, Selfless)
- Discography 1991-1993 (1994, Armageddon)++
- Hostile 7" (1996, Spiral Objective/Insurgence)
- Drop on the Bootleg 3" CD (1997, Profane Existence Far East)
- Untitled Album LP/CD (1998, Armageddon Label)
- Dropdead/Totalitär - split 7" or CD-EP (2002, Prank)
- Dropdead/Unholy Grave - split 7" (2003, MCR)
- Untitled Live album (Live in Germany 1998) (2003, Red C)
- Dropdead/Look Back and Laugh - split 7" (2004, Armageddon)
- Converge / Dropdead - split 7" (2011, self-released)
-  Arab on Radar Interview mentioning Providence bands
-  Interview with drummer (1st question)
-  Discogs listing of Nasum album with cover of Bullshit Tradition
- Dropdead MySpace Music Page,  Access date: July 12, 2008.