Dropdead live in Austin, Texas on May 19, 2007
|Origin||Providence, Rhode Island, U.S.|
|Genres||Hardcore punk, powerviolence|
|Labels||Armageddon Label, MCR, Prank Records, Selfless Records, Crust Records|
|Associated acts||The Fuzz, Lolita Black, I, Destroyer, Straight to Hell, Battlesnake, Monster X, Extinction Machine, She Rides, Fucking Invincible, Sweet Jesus, Mountain Man|
|Past members||Devon Cahill
Dropdead is an American hardcore punk band based in Providence, Rhode Island. They have been active in the punk scene since 1991, having been formed in January of that year. The band's songs are generally short and very fast-paced, with few lasting longer than one minute. Other famous crust punk and grindcore bands like Nasum have covered some of their songs.
- Current members
- Bob Otis – vocals. Previously in The Fuzz. Currently in Lolita Black, Extinction Machine, I Destroyer
- Ben Barnett – guitar. Runs Armageddon Label and Armageddon Record Shop. Previously in Snake Apartment
- Brian Mastrobuono – drums. Previously in Straight to Hell, Battlesnake. Currently in Neon Bitches, Ratstab
- George Radford – bass. Currently in Fucking Invincible and Sweet Jesus
- Former members
- Devon Cahill – bass. Previously in Monster X, Exploding Corpse Action, Conniption, and Hail Mary
- Lee Mastrobuono – bass.
The influences listed on the band's MySpace page are Siege (whose 1984 demo tape Drop Dead acts as the origin of the band's name), Japanese hardcore groups Gauze and S.O.B., British anarcho-punk groups Crass and Conflict, Swedish D-beat bands Mob 47 and Anti Cimex, and Japanoise pioneer Merzbow.
- Studio albums
- Dropdead LP/CD (1993, Selfless) (Sometimes referred to as 落とす死 or Dropdead 1993)
- Untitled LP/CD (1998, Armageddon Label) (Sometimes referred to as LP 2 or Dropdead 1998)
- Untitled 7" (1992, Crust Records)
- Hostile 7" (1996, Spiral Objective/Insurgence)
- Dropdead/Rupture 8" (1992, Highly Collectable Records)
- Dropdead/Crossed Out 5" (1993, co-released by five labels)
- Dropdead/Totalitär 7" (2002, Prank)
- Dropdead/Unholy Grave 7" (2003, MCR)
- Dropdead/Look Back and Laugh 7" (2004, Armageddon)
- Converge/Dropdead 7" (2011, self-released)
- Dropdead/Ruidosa Inmundicia 7" (2013, Armageddon)
- Compilation albums
- Discography 1991–1993 (1994, Armageddon)
- Live albums
- Drop On – The Bootleg 3" (1997, Profane Existence Far East; recorded in Japan in 1996)
- Untitled (2003, Red C; recorded in Germany in 1998)
- Humanity Is Burying the Earth with Its Rotting Carcasses (1999; recorded in the Czech Republic)
-  Arab on Radar Interview mentioning Providence bands
-  Interview with drummer (1st question)
- n/a (2011-08-11). "The Dropdead Interview". blowthescene.com. Blow the Scene. Retrieved 2018-01-10.
- Pratt, Greg (2016-06-16). "Dropdead - Dropdead". decibelmagazine.com. Decibel. Retrieved 2017-01-10.
- Dropdead MySpace Music Page, "Archived copy". Archived from the original on 2009-01-11. Retrieved 2008-07-12. Access date: July 12, 2008.