Drug Metabolism and Disposition
Abbreviated title (ISO 4)
|Drug Metab. Dispos.|
|Edited by||Edward T. Morgan|
American Society for Pharmacology and Experimental Therapeutics (United States)
|After 12 months|
Drug Metabolism and Disposition is a peer-reviewed scientific journal covering the fields of pharmacology and toxicology. It was established in 1973 and is published monthly by the American Society for Pharmacology and Experimental Therapeutics. The journal publishes articles on in vitro and in vivo studies of the metabolism, transport, and disposition of drugs and environmental chemicals, including the expression of drug-metabolizing enzymes and their regulation. As of 2011[update], the editor-in-chief is Edward T. Morgan (Emory University).
Drug Metabolism and Disposition was established in 1973 by Kenneth C. Leibman. The initial frequency was bimonthly (six annual issues); it increased to monthly in 1995. The journal was published on behalf of the society by Williams & Wilkins until the end of 1996.
Abstracting and indexing
According to the Journal Citation Reports, Drug Metabolism and Disposition received a 2014 impact factor of 3.252, ranking it 68th out of 254 journals in the category Pharmacology & Pharmacy. The journal is abstracted and indexed in the following databases: 
- BIOSIS Previews
- Chemical Abstracts
- Chemical Abstracts Service
- Current Contents/Life Sciences
- Science Citation Index
- Drug Metabolism and Disposition, High Wire, retrieved 17 August 2010
- Drug metabolism and disposition: the biological fate of chemicals, National Library of Medicine, retrieved 18 August 2010
- Drug Metabolism and Disposition: Editorial Board, American Society for Pharmacology and Experimental Therapeutics, retrieved 10 September 2011
- Anon., "Editorial Board" (PDF), Drug Metabolism and Disposition 1 (1), retrieved 17 August 2010
- "Journals Ranked by Impact: Pharmacology & Pharmacy". 2014 Journal Citation Reports. Web of Science (Sciences ed.). Thomson Reuters. 2015.
- Journal Search: Drug Metabolism and Disposition, Thomson Reuters, retrieved 18 August 2010
- CAplus Core Journal Coverage List, Chemical Abstracts Service, retrieved 18 August 2010
- EMBASE coverage, Elsevier, downloaded from ; 18 August 2010
- CAS Source Index (CASSI), American Chemical Society - CAS, downloaded from ; 26 August 2010