|Directed by||Fred Wolf|
|Produced by||Robert Ogden Barnum|
Aaron L. Gilbert
|Written by||Peter Gaulke|
|Music by||Andrew Feltenstein|
|Cinematography||Timothy A. Burton|
|Edited by||Joseph McCasland|
Drunk Parents is a 2019 American comedy film directed by Fred Wolf and written by Peter Gaulke and Fred Wolf. The film stars Alec Baldwin, Salma Hayek, Joe Manganiello, Natalia Cigliuti, Jim Gaffigan and Ben Platt.
The film was released on March 21, 2019, through DirecTV Cinema and it was also released in a limited release on April 19, 2019, by Vertical Entertainment. The film attained some attention and popularity after its release on video streaming platform Netflix in August 2020.
Frank and Nancy Teagarten are facing a series of financial crises: Frank's once successful company is about to go bankrupt, their house is in foreclosure, and they have just sent their daughter Rachel to an Ivy League college they can't possibly afford. Desperate, they try to sell everything they own and rent to anyone with money - including, unbeknownst to them, a convicted sex offender - all while drowning their sorrows in red wine.
- Alec Baldwin as Frank Teagarten
- Salma Hayek as Nancy Teagarten
- Joe Manganiello as Bob Donnelly
- Natalia Cigliuti as Betty Donnelly
- Jim Gaffigan as Carl Mancini
- Ben Platt as Jason Johnson
- Aimee Mullins as Heidi Bianchi
- Treat Williams as Dan Henderson
- Olivia Luccardi as Jessie
- Aasif Mandvi as Nigel
- Scott Mescudi as Scottie Tow Driver
- Michelle Veintimilla as Rachel Teagarten
- Kelly AuCoin as Tyler Rector
- JoJo Kushner as Rose
- Dan Soder as Randall
- Sasha Mitchell as Shope
- Stephen Gevedon as Tom
- Matthew Porter as Matthew
- Eddie Schweighardt as Tristan Donnelly
- Jeremy Shinder as Trey
- Meg Wolf as Agent Meg Barnes
- Mark Gessner as Special Agent Chad Milhouse
- Brian Donahue as Wayne
- Adam Enright as Gate Attendant
- Peter Gaulke as Parole Officer
- Will Ferrell as Will the Bum
- Colin Quinn as Colin the Bum
In September 2015, Alec Baldwin and Salma Hayek joined the cast of the film. On January 15, 2016, Joe Manganiello, Jim Gaffigan, Bridget Moynahan and Ben Platt joined the cast of the film. On February 8, 2016, Natalia Cigliuti joined the cast of the film. Principal photography began on January 13, 2016 in New York City.
In May 2017, it was announced Aviron Pictures had acquired distribution rights film. In September 2018, it was announced Vertical Entertainment and DirecTV Cinema would distribute the film instead. It was released through DirecTV Cinema on March 21, 2019, the film was also released in a limited release on April 19, 2019.
- Williams, Owen (September 14, 2015). "Alec Baldwin And Salma Hayek Are Drunk Parents". Empireonline.com. Retrieved January 8, 2017.
- McNary, Dave (January 15, 2016). "Joe Manganiello Joins Alec Baldwin's 'Drunk Parents'". Variety. Retrieved January 8, 2017.
- Pedersen, Erik (February 8, 2016). "Natalia Cigliuti Joins 'Drunk Parents'; Daffany Clark & Ashlyn Pearce in '5150';". Deadline Hollywood. Retrieved January 8, 2017.
- D'Alessandro, Anthony (May 11, 2017). "David Dinerstein Launches Aviron Pictures With Halle Berry's 'Kidnap', Alec Baldwin-Salma Hayek Pic 'Drunk Parents' & More". Deadline Hollywood. Retrieved January 25, 2019.
- N'Duka, Amanda (September 14, 2018). "'Drunk Parents' Starring Salma Hayek & Alec Baldwin Lands Vertical & DirecTV Deal – Toronto". Deadline Hollywood. Retrieved January 25, 2019.
- Fernandez, Alexia (January 24, 2019). "Alec Baldwin and Salma Hayek Are Drunk Parents in Trailer for Wild Comedy". People. Retrieved January 25, 2019.
|This film article about a 2010s comedy is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|