Drunk Stoned Brilliant Dead (book)
|September 1, 2010|
Drunk Stoned Brilliant Dead: The Writers and Artists who made National Lampoon Insanely Great by Rick Meyerowitz, is a 2010 book which was published by Abrams Books of New York. The book consists of a compilation of work by a selection of writers and artists whose work appeared in National Lampoon magazine in the 1970s, as well as introductory commentary on those people and their work, by Meyerowitz and others. The book is hardback, coffee-table sized and is profusely illustrated.
A very similar title, differing only in the subtitle, was used for the 2015 documentary film, Drunk Stoned Brilliant Dead: The Story of the National Lampoon, for which Rick Meyerowitz designed the poster, as he also did for the 1978 film National Lampoon's Animal House.
Writers and artists included
The book covers the work of the following people, here using the headings and groupings which are found in the book:
- The Founders: Doug Kenney, Henry Beard
- Present at the Birth: Michael O'Donoghue, George William Swift Trow, Christopher Cerf, John Weidman, Rick Meyerowitz, Michel Choquette
- The Cohort: Arnold Roth, Tony Hendra, Sam Gross, Sean Kelly, Anne Beatts, Charles Rodrigues
- The First Wave: Brian McConnachie, Chris Miller, Gerry Sussman, Ed Subitzky, P.J. O'Rourke, Bruce McCall, Stan Mack
- The Second Coming: M.K. Brown, Ted Mann, Shary Flenniken, Danny Abelson & Ellis Weiner, Wayne McLoughlin
- The End of the Beginning: Ron Barrett, Jeff Greenfield, Ron Hauge, Fred Graver
- The Art Directors: Cloud Studios, Michael Gross and David Kaestle, Peter Kleinman, Skip Johnson
- Drunk Stoned Brilliant Dead: The Artists and Writers who made National Lampoon Insanely Great, 2010, Rick Meyerowitz, Abrams Books, New York, ISBN 978-0-8109-8848-4
|This article about a comedy or humour book is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|