|Headquarters||Creve Coeur, Missouri, U.S.|
Number of employees
Drury Hotels, LLC is a family-owned and operated Creve Coeur, Missouri (a St. Louis, Missouri suburb)-based corporation. The chain operates under the names Drury Inn, Drury Inn and Suites, Drury Suites, and Pear Tree Inn. The chain operates 120 locations in 21 states in 2015. It was founded in 1973 by the owner of a plastering company. The first Drury hotel, the family's first rooms-only concept, was located in Sikeston, Missouri. The Drury Development Corporation had been founded in 1959 with the family building its first hotel in 1962 in Cape Girardeau, Missouri, as a 108-room Holiday Inn. Drury Hotels has also operated a few non-Drury hotels. In the 1990s, the chain introduced a third brand, Thrifty Inn.
In 1973, the first Drury Inn was built in Sikeston, Missouri, with a rate of $10.88 a night for the first floor, $9.99 for the second floor and $8.88 for the third floor.
- Staff (24 July 2013). "Drury Hotels wins J.D. Power award". St. Louis Post-Dispatch. Retrieved 31 July 2014.
- Tom Neumeyer, Frank Nickell, Joel P. Rhodes (2004). Historic Cape Giardeau: An Illustrated History. San Antonio, Texas: The Cape Girardeau Chamber of Commerce. pp. 116–118. 1-893619-39-7.
- Jakle, John A.; Sculle, Keith A.; Rogers, Jefferson S. (1996). The Motel in America. Johns Hopkins University Press. p. 217. ISBN 0-8018-5383-4.
- "James Drury obituary". Retrieved 2013-12-07.
- "Bob Drury, part owner of Drury Hotels, CEO of Drury Southwest, dies". Retrieved 2013-12-07.
- "Robert Drury obituary". Retrieved 2013-12-07.
|This article about a hotel or resort in the United States is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|