Church in Druten
Location in Gelderland
|• Body||Municipal council|
|• Mayor||Luciën van Riswijk (CDA)|
|• Total||42.46 km2 (16.39 sq mi)|
|• Land||37.71 km2 (14.56 sq mi)|
|• Water||4.75 km2 (1.83 sq mi)|
|Elevation||7 m (23 ft)|
|• Density||494/km2 (1,280/sq mi)|
|Time zone||UTC+1 (CET)|
|• Summer (DST)||UTC+2 (CEST)|
Druten (pronunciation (help·info)) is a municipality and a town in the eastern Netherlands. The municipality covers the eastern part of the Land van Maas en Waal region of the province of Gelderland. One of its key features is the town's church, designed by the famous Dutch architect Pierre Cuypers.
Dutch Topographic map of the municipality of Druten, June 2015.
- Reginald Wolfe (died 1573), printer
- Peter Hans Kolvenbach (born 1928), Jesuit leader
- Doortje Roza, leader of the infamous potato cult
- "Samenstelling college" [Board members] (in Dutch). Gemeente Druten. Archived from the original on 13 August 2014. Retrieved 24 June 2014.
- "Kerncijfers wijken en buurten" [Key figures for neighbourhoods]. CBS Statline (in Dutch). CBS. 2 July 2013. Retrieved 12 March 2014.
- "Postcodetool for 6651DA". Actueel Hoogtebestand Nederland (in Dutch). Het Waterschapshuis. Retrieved 24 June 2014.
- "Bevolkingsontwikkeling; regio per maand" [Population growth; regions per month]. CBS Statline (in Dutch). CBS. 27 October 2017. Retrieved 27 October 2017.
|This Gelderland location article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|