|Industry||Backup & Recovery|
|Founders||Jaspreet Singh, Co-founder and CEO, Milind Borate, Co-founder and CTO, Ramani Kothandaraman, Co-founder and Managing Director, India|
Number of locations
|Products||Druva Insync Druva Phoenix|
Number of employees
Druva is a company providing converged data protection, bringing datacenter-class availability, and governance to the mobile workforce. The company is privately held and is backed by Nexus Venture Partners, Sequoia Capital, and Tenaya Capital. Druva was founded in 2008 and is headquartered in Sunnyvale, California, with additional offices in India, the United Kingdom, Germany, and Singapore. Druva was included in Gartner's "cool vendors" list in 2012 and also rated #1 in their report Critical Capabilities for Enterprise Endpoint Backup in 2012 and 2013. The company provides data protection, and governance services to over 3,000 mid- to large-enterprise customers across a wide range of industries that includes technology, manufacturing, healthcare, education, government, retail, and financial services. They currently have two Druva assigned patents for "distributed scalable deduplicated data backup system" and "efficient deduplicated storage with tiered indexing."
- Jaspreet Singh - Founder and CEO
- Milind Borate - Co-Founder and CTO
- Peter Amirkhan - Chief Revenue Officer
- Mahesh Patel - Chief Financial Officer
- Wynn White - Chief Marketing Officer
- Sunil Wadhwa - VP, Customer Success and Operations
- Rick Powles - Regional VP, EMEA
- Pete Yamasaki - Regional VP, APAC
- Dave Packer - VP, Product Marketing
- Scott Siragusa - VP, Global Business Development and Channels
2010 - $5M Series A
Druva raised $5M in Series A investments from Sequoia Capital India and IAN in March 2010.
2011 - $12M Series B
A further $12M was raised in Series B investments from Sequoia and Nexus in August 2011.
2013 - $25M Series C
2014 - $25M Series D
|Stable release||5.1 / September 17, 2012|
|Operating system||Windows XP, Vista, Windows 7, Windows Server 2003/08, Linux Kernel 2.6, Mac OS X|
|Platform||Windows, Linux, Mac|
|Type||Backup & Recovery|
Druva inSync is enterprise software providing file backup, file sharing, and analytics functionality. It is produced by Druva and deployed on over a million devices. inSync added private cloud capabilities in 2013, adding scalability and flexibility for large enterprises.
|Stable release||1.4 / July 15, 2010|
|Operating system||Windows XP, Vista, Windows 7, Windows Server 2003/08, Linux Kernel 2.6|
|Type||Backup & Recovery|
Druva Phoenix is a direct-to-cloud cloud backup and archiving solution for Windows and Linux servers in remote office/branch office (ROBO) locations. It uses sourced-based data deduplication and WAN optimization to back up the data over the internet directly to an elastically scalable cloud storage. The files are encrypted both during transit (256-bit TLS) and in the storage (256-bit AES). Druva Phoenix has application-specific agents for server workloads such as Microsoft SQL Server, with additional agents expected in the next release.
- Williams, Alex (October 15, 2013). "Druva Raises $25M For Backup And File Sharing Platform". TechCrunch. Retrieved October 25, 2013.
- Miller, Ron. "Druva Lands $25M In Series D Funding To Expand Mobile Data Protection Strategy". TechCrunch.Com. TechCrunch.
- Druva Dusts For Fingerprints to Save Bandwidth and Storage