Examples of local dryness include dry mouth, dry eyes, dry skin and vaginal dryness. These often have specific causes and treatments. It is possible to have dry eyes without any other signs or symptoms, but this usually causes a syndrome of eye symptoms called keratoconjunctivitis sicca.
- thefreedictionary.com > dehydration citing:
- Dorland's Medical Dictionary for Health Consumers. © 2007
- The American Heritage® Medical Dictionary Copyright © 2007
- Mosby's Medical Dictionary, 8th edition. © 2009
- Mosby's Dental Dictionary, 2nd edition. © 2008
|This medical article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|