Tošić with Werder Bremen in 2009
|Full name||Duško Tošić|
|Date of birth||19 January 1985|
|Place of birth||Zrenjanin, SFR Yugoslavia|
|Height||1.84 m (6 ft 0 in)|
|Playing position||Left back/Centre back|
|2010||→ Queens Park Rangers (loan)||5||(0)|
|2010–2012||Red Star Belgrade||41||(2)|
|2011||→ Betis (loan)||1||(0)|
|* Senior club appearances and goals counted for the domestic league only and correct as of 19 March 2017.
‡ National team caps and goals correct as of 15 November 2016
Duško Tošić (Serbian Cyrillic: Душко Тошић; born 19 January 1985 in Zrenjanin) is a Serbian professional footballer who plays as a defender for Turkish club Beşiktaş in the Süper Lig. In international competition he represents Serbia.
Born in Zrenjanin, Tošić began his career in his native Serbia playing for OFK Beograd before moving to French club Sochaux for the 2006–07 season but only spent one season with the club as other European clubs from Italy, Germany and Spain were expressing an interest.
He transferred to Werder Bremen for the 2007–08 season, where he signed a contract until 2011. On 1 February 2010, his contract with Bremen was dissolved.
Tošić signed for Portsmouth on 12 February 2010, but as a result of Portsmouth's financial situation Tošić's registration with the Premier League was withheld and he was forced to leave the club within a month of signing for them. Tošić was an unused substitute in Portsmouth's 4–1 FA Cup fifth-round win at Southampton in February, and failed to get on the pitch that season. He signed a loan deal to play for QPR until the end of the season on 25 March 2010.
Red Star Belgrade
On 2 June 2015, Tošić signed three-year contract for Beşiktaş. Beşiktaş J.K. won the title in Spor Toto Süper Lig.
Tošić made his national debut against Norway on 15 November 2006, a friendly which ended in a 1–1 draw.
- As of 19 March 2017
|Serbian national team|
- Scores and results list Serbia's goal tally first.
|1.||17 October 2007||Tofiq Bahramov Republican Stadium, Baku, Azerbaijan||Azerbaijan||1–0||6–1||UEFA Euro 2008 qualification|
- Werder Bremen
- Red Star
Though born in Zrenjanin, Tošić grew up in a small village called Orlovat which was located nearby. He shares the same grandparents as Zoran Tošić, also a professional footballer. He married Serbian pop singer Jelena Karleuša in June 2008 and they have two daughters.
- "Duško Tošić" (in German). fussballdaten.de. Retrieved 31 August 2011.
- "Wigan and Stoke enter race to sign Duško Tošić, the defender who was forced to leave Portsmouth". Mail Online. 3 March 2010. Retrieved 3 March 2010.
- "Queens Park Rangers swoop for Portsmouth's Dusko Tosic". BBC Sport. 25 March 2010. Retrieved 26 March 2010.
- "Tosic is set for Red Star". Sky Sports. 7 July 2010. Retrieved 31 August 2011.
- "Tošić, ipak, pozajmljen Betisu". b92.net. 31 August 2011. Retrieved 31 August 2011.
- "Serbia - D. Tošić - Profile with news, career statistics and history". Soccerway. Retrieved 22 March 2015.
- "D. Tošić". Soccerway. Retrieved 17 October 2016.
- "Jelena Karleusa – die Frau von Dusko Tosic" (in German). doktorfussball.de. 26 January 2009. Retrieved 31 August 2011.
|Wikimedia Commons has media related to Duško Tošić.|