Du hast den Farbfilm vergessen
|"Du hast den Farbfilm vergessen"|
|Single by Nina Hagen & Automobil|
Michael Heubach (music)|
Kurt Demmler (lyrics)
|Nina Hagen & Automobil singles chronology|
"Du hast den Farbfilm vergessen" (translation: You Forgot The Color Film) is a pop single written by Michael Heubach (music) and Kurt Demmler (lyrics). It was first performed by German punk artist Nina Hagen and her band Automobil (of which Heubach was the keyboardist), released in 1974 prior to Hagen's punk career. The song depicts a young girl scolding her boyfriend for forgetting to bring the color film for their camera while on vacation.
In 1975, Nina Hagen left the band and become the singer for Michael Fritzen's Dampferband. Two years later, she left the GDR with her mother after the latter was stripped of her citizenship following her protest against the stripping of her former partner Wolf Biermann's citizenship.
In 2003 it was reported that around 40 percent of East Germans could sing the song's lyrics.
- Du hast den Farbfilm vergessen – 3:01
- Wenn ich an dich denk' – 3:35
In 1998, German ska band Blascore covered the song on its album 's Fistkind Kommt... . The German pop band Echolot from Erfurt covered the song on the compilation album, Power from the Eastside in 2003. In 2016, Deutschrock band Goitzsche Front released a cover on its album Mo[nu]ment.
- Metzger, Richard (2011-12-15). "Pre-punk Nina Hagen in East Germany, 1974". Dangerous Minds. Retrieved 2016-10-09.
- Götz Hintze: Rocklexikon der DDR. 2. Auflage. Schwarzkopf & Schwarzkopf, Berlin 2000, ISBN 3-89602-303-9, S. 320.
- Jürgen Balitzki: Electra. Lift. Stern Combo Meißen: Geschichten vom Sachsendreier. Schwarzkopf & Schwarzkopf, Berlin 2001, ISBN 978-3-89602-323-0, S. 161.
- Farbfilm. In: Die Zeit, Nr. 11/2003
|This 1970s single–related article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|