|Genre||Reality show, Survival skills|
|Starring||Dave Canterbury (Season 1-2)|
Cody Lundin (Season 1-4)
Joseph Teti (Season 3-6)
Matt Graham (Season 4-6)
Grady Powell (Season 7-8)
Bill McConnell (Season 7)
Josh James (Season 8)
Bo McGlone (Season 8)
EJ Snyder (Season 9)
Jeff Zausch (Season 9)
|Narrated by||Paul Christie|
|Country of origin||United States|
|No. of seasons||9|
|No. of episodes||84 (list of episodes)|
|Executive producers||Charlie Corwin, Brian Nashel, French Horwitz|
|Running time||45 minutes|
|Production company||Original Media|
|Original network||Discovery Channel|
|Original release||June 11, 2010 –|
October 12, 2016
Dual Survival is a United States reality television series that airs on the Discovery Channel. The show features a pair of survival experts in predetermined survival scenarios while in challenging environments.
For the first two seasons, the show featured the differing outdoor survival philosophies and skills of Cody Lundin, a naturalist and primitive-skills expert who runs the Aboriginal Living Skills School in Prescott, Arizona, and Dave Canterbury, a military-trained survival instructor who runs the Pathfinder Training School in Ohio. Beginning with the third season, Canterbury was replaced with Joseph "Joe" Teti, and in Season 4, Matt Graham replaced Lundin; Teti and Graham remained with the show through Season 6. Season 7 features Grady Powell, an ex-U.S. Army Green Beret, who replaced Joseph Teti, and Bill McConnell, a wilderness survivalist, who replaced Matt Graham. Season 8 Bill McConnell is replaced by Josh James for all but the last 2 episodes of the season where Josh James is replaced by Airforce veteran Bo Mcglone. In Season 9 both Grady and Bo are replaced by Naked and Afraid stars E.J. and Jeff.
|First aired||Last aired|
|1||10||Cody Lundin||Dave Canterbury||June 11, 2010||August 20, 2010|
|2||12||April 22, 2011||July 1, 2011|
|3||11||Joseph Teti||January 1, 2013||March 13, 2013|
|April 23, 2014||June 25, 2014|
|5||13||Matt Graham||January 21, 2015||April 22, 2015|
|6||4||September 30, 2015||October 21, 2015|
|7||10||Bill McConnell||Grady Powell||January 13, 2016||March 15, 2016|
|June 15, 2016||August 3, 2016|
|9||7||Jeff Zausch||EJ Snyder||August 24, 2016||October 12, 2016|
This section needs additional citations for verification. (March 2019)
Season 1 and Season 2 of Dual Survival originally aired in 2010 and 2011, respectively.
Season 3 commenced production in 2012 and began airing on January 1, 2013.
Season 4 debuted on April 23, 2014, and Season 5 began airing on January 21, 2015.
Season 6 aired its first episode on September 30, 2015.
Season 7 aired its first episode on January 13, 2016.
Season 8 aired its first episode on June 15, 2016, featuring Grady Powell and new partner Joshua James. Joshua is from New Zealand and has a high profile in the survival world.
Season 9 aired its first episode on August 24, 2016, featuring new hosts Edwin John Snyder and Jeffrey Zausch.
In Dual Survival's first two seasons, each episode featured Lundin and Canterbury in a different survival scenario: marooned on a deserted island, lost in a foreboding jungle, stranded in an arid desert, etc. They had to survive for a number of days with minimal gear that pertained to the scenario. Along the way, Lundin and Canterbury demonstrated various survival skills such as using primitive methods to make fire, obtaining potable water, and hunting, foraging, or gathering food.
Conflict often arose from differences between the actors philosophies and methods. For example, Canterbury often remarked on Lundin's choice to not wear shoes or long pants, regardless of the scenario's environment, such as glaciers.[failed verification]
In Season 3, Joseph Teti replaced Dave Canterbury, and in February 2014, prior to the start of Season 4, Cody Lundin announced via Facebook that he was fired by Discovery Channel owing to what he alleges were “differences over safety and health concerns.” Early in Season 4, Matt Graham replaced Cody Lundin as Teti's partner.
- The series premiered in Australia on April 7, 2015 on Discovery Channel.
A Brazilian version of Dual Survivor started filming in 2012 and was titled Dual Survival Brazil (pt). It was produced by Mixer and aired for two seasons. The survival experts on this show are Edmilson Leite, a colonel in the Brazilian Air Force, and Leonardo Rocha, who has lived with indigenous tribes and is a primitive skills specialist.
|DVD Name||No. of
|Dual Survival Season 1||10||491||August 2, 2011|
|Dual Survival Season 2||10||516||August 13, 2013|
- ^ Dawn, Randee (June 11, 2010). "Odd couple battle elements in "Dual Survival"". Reuters. Retrieved 2012-08-05.
- ^ Strauss, Gary (August 27, 2010). "Survival shows are now the fittingest on television". USA Today. Retrieved August 5, 2012.
- ^ "'Dual Survival' Season 2 is Renewed". Pop Tower. September 20, 2010. Archived from the original on January 25, 2011. Retrieved January 3, 2011.
- ^ "Dual Survival Episode Guide". Discovery Channel. Archived from the original on October 18, 2014. Retrieved January 3, 2011.
- ^ Brzoznowski, Kristin (April 6, 2012). "Discovery Reveals Upfront Slate". World Screen. Archived from the original on April 9, 2012. Retrieved August 2, 2012.
- ^ Dillard, Mechele R. (November 30, 2012). "Cody Lundin will be partnered with Joseph Teti when Dual Survival returns in January". HULIQ. Archived from the original on December 10, 2012. Retrieved December 1, 2012.
- ^ "Dual Survival TV Schedule". Discovery Channel. Archived from the original on January 6, 2015. Retrieved January 8, 2015.
- ^ "Episodes : Dual Survival : Discovery Channel". Discovery Channel. Archived from the original on 2010-12-14. Retrieved 2011-06-15.
- ^ "Dual Survival Experts". Discovery Channel. Archived from the original on June 22, 2011. Retrieved June 15, 2011.
- ^ McKay, Hollie (November 30, 2012). "EXCLUSIVE: 'Dual Survival' names Joseph Teti its new military survival pro". Fox News. Retrieved December 1, 2012.
- ^ a b Anderson, Jon R. (April 29, 2014). "Discovery Channel reality show star trades fire over combat experience". Air Force Times. Archived from the original on May 4, 2014. Retrieved May 3, 2014.
- ^ Vultaggio, Maria (May 4, 2014). "Why Was Cody Lundin Fired From 'Dual Survival' After 'Fight' With Joe Teti?". International Business Times. Archived from the original on September 22, 2014.
- ^ "APRIL on FOXTEL: Game Of Thrones, Mad Men, Wentworth, Deadline Gallipoli and 200+ other new shows". The Green Room. Foxtel. March 30, 2015. Retrieved March 31, 2015.
- ^ "Discovery Channel fará segunda temporada de reality doc policial - Daniel Castro - R7". 2013-01-06. Archived from the original on 2013-01-06. Retrieved 2019-04-14.
- ^ "Discovery faz versão de Dual Survival – Meio & Mensagem" (in Brazilian Portuguese). 7 August 2012. Retrieved 2019-04-14.
- ^ "Dual Survival Brazil : Programs : Discovery Channel : Discovery Press Web". press.discovery.com. Retrieved 2019-04-14.
- ^ "Desafio em Dose Dupla – Brasil". 2012-10-04. Archived from the original on 2012-10-04. Retrieved 2019-04-14.
- ^ "Discovery Communications and Gaiam to Release 12 New Titles on DVD This August". PR Newswire. New York: Gaiam. August 2, 2011. Archived from the original on July 4, 2018. Retrieved July 4, 2018.