|Starring||Dave Canterbury (Season 1-2)
Cody Lundin (Season 1-4)
Joseph Teti (Season 3-present)
Matt Graham (Season 4-present)
|Narrated by||Paul Christie|
|Country of origin||United States|
|No. of seasons||5|
|No. of episodes||56 (list of episodes)|
|Executive producer(s)||Charlie Corwin
|Running time||45 minutes|
|Production company(s)||Original Media|
|Original channel||Discovery Channel|
|Picture format||480i (SDTV)
|Original release||June 11, 2010– present|
Dual Survival is an American reality cable television series which airs on the Discovery Channel. The show features a pair of survival experts in predetermined scenarios while in challenging environments.
For the first two seasons, the show featured the differing outdoor survival philosophies and skills of Cody Lundin, a naturalist and primitive-skills expert who runs the Aboriginal Living Skills School in Arizona and Dave Canterbury, a military-trained survival instructor who runs the Pathfinder Training School in Ohio. Beginning with the third season, Canterbury was replaced with Joseph "Joe" Teti and in season four Matt Graham replaced Lundin.
Dual Survival's first and second seasons originally aired in 2010 and 2011, respectively. A third season began production in 2012, and began airing on January 1, 2013. The show was renewed for a fourth season which debuted on April 23, 2014. The series' fifth season began airing on January 21, 2015.
In Dual Survival's first two seasons, each episode featured Lundin and Canterbury in a different survival scenario: marooned on a deserted island, lost in a forbidding jungle, or stranded in an arid desert. They had to survive for a number of days with minimal gear which pertained to the scenario. Along the way, Lundin and Canterbury demonstrated various survival skills such as using primitive methods to make fire, obtaining potable water and hunting, foraging or gathering food.
Conflict often arose from differences between the actors philosophies and methods. For example, Canterbury often remarked on Lundin's choice to not wear shoes or long pants, regardless of the scenario's environment like glaciers.
In February 2014, prior to the start of Season 4, Cody Lundin announced via Facebook that he was fired by Discovery Channel due to what he alleges were "differences over safety and health concerns". Early in Season 4, Matt Graham replaced Cody Lundin as Teti's partner.
- Dawn, Randee (June 11, 2010). "Odd couple battle elements in "Dual Survival"". Reuters. Retrieved 2012-08-05.
- Strauss, Gary (August 27, 2010). "Survival shows are now the fittingest on television". USA Today. Retrieved 2012-08-05.
- "Dual Survival Season 2 is Renewed". Pop Tower. September 20, 2010. Retrieved 2011-01-03.
- "Dual Survival Episode Guide". Discovery Channel. Retrieved 2011-01-03.
- Brzoznowski, Kristin (April 6, 2012). "Discovery Reveals Upfront Slate". World Screen. Retrieved 2012-08-02.
- "Cody Lundin will be partnered with Joseph Teti when Dual Survival returns in January". HULIQ. November 30, 2012. Retrieved 2012-12-01.
- "Dual Survival TV Schedule". Discovery Channel. Retrieved January 8, 2015.
- "Episodes : Dual Survival : Discovery Channel". Discovery Channel. Retrieved 2011-06-15.
- "Bios : Dual Survivor : Discovery Channel". Discovery Channel. Retrieved 2011-06-15.
- McKay, Hollie (November 30, 2012). "EXCLUSIVE: 'Dual Survival' names Joseph Teti its new military survival pro". Fox News. Retrieved 2012-12-01.
- "Former Green Beret and counterterrorism expert Joseph Teti joins survivalist Cody Lundin on 'Dual Survival'". NY Daily News. 2013-01-01. Retrieved 2013-01-15.
- Jon R. Anderson (Apr 29, 2014). "Discovery Channel reality show star trades fire over combat experience". Retrieved May 3, 2014.
- "Why Was Cody Lundin Fired From ‘Dual Survival’ After ‘Fight’ With Joe Teti?". International Business Times. 4 May 2014.
- "APRIL on FOXTEL: Game Of Thrones, Mad Men, Wentworth, Deadline Gallipoli and 200+ other new shows". The Green Room. Foxtel. March 30, 2015. Retrieved March 31, 2015.