This article needs additional citations for verification. (August 2013) (Learn how and when to remove this template message)
|Private Limited liability company|
|Founded||Los Angeles, California, U.S. (1993)|
Culver City, California, U.S.
|Mary-Kate Olsen, CEO |
Ashley Olsen, CEO
Dualstar Entertainment Group, LLC is a privately held American limited liability company owned by Mary-Kate Olsen and Ashley Olsen, which produced movies, TV shows, magazines, video games, and other popular media. Dualstar was based in Los Angeles, California.
In 2004, the company released New York Minute, the Olsen twins' first theatrical film since 1995's It Takes Two. The film was a box office bomb and suffered negative critical reception. Its failure led to the company struggling to keep up operations and in 2007, the company fell into dormancy. The company was later revived in 2013 for a series of fragrances.
- To Grandmother's House We Go (1992)
- Double, Double, Toil and Trouble (1993)
- How the West Was Fun (1994)
- It Takes Two (1995)
- Billboard Dad (1998)
- Passport to Paris (1999)
- Switching Goals (1999)
- Our Lips Are Sealed (2000)
- Winning London (2001)
- Holiday in the Sun (2001)
- Getting There (2002)
- When in Rome (2002)
- The Challenge (2003)
- New York Minute (2004)
Musical video series
Class Action Lawsuit
A class action lawsuit against DualStar alleges that the Entertainment Group failed to pay interns for menial tasks. The suit, brought forth by forty past and current interns, argues that the interns should have been paid minimum wage because they were doing similar jobs as their paid colleagues, without receiving academic or vocational credit. 
DualStar responded, "As an initial matter, Dualstar is an organization that is committed to treating all individuals fairly and in accordance with all applicable laws. The allegations in the complaint filed against DualStar are groundless, and Dualstar will vigorously defend itself against plaintiff's claims in court, not before the media. Dualstar is confident that once the true facts of this case are revealed, the lawsuit will be dismissed in its entirety." 
The lawsuit was settled out of court in March 2017 for $140,000. 
- "Dualstar Productions - IMDbPro". www.imdb.com. Retrieved 9 September 2018.
- "Olsen twins respond to intern lawsuit". Retrieved 9 September 2018.
- Feitelberg, Rosemary (11 August 2015). "Mary-Kate and Ashley Olsen's Dualstar Entertainment Fires Back About Unpaid Interns Lawsuit". Retrieved 9 September 2018.
- Slattery, Denis. "Mary-Kate and Ashley Olsen to pay interns $140G in wage theft lawsuit - NY Daily News". Retrieved 9 September 2018.