|Parent company||Entertainment One|
|Distributor(s)||Alternative Distribution Alliance (physical)|
|Country of origin||United States|
Dualtone Records is an American-based independent record label specializing in folk, singer/songwriter, Americana and indie rock. It was founded in 2001 by Scott Robinson and Dan Herrington. The company is currently run by Robinson and the label's president, Paul Roper. The label's albums are distributed physically by the Alternative Distribution Alliance. On January 20, 2016, Entertainment One acquired Dualtone Records.
The independent label has been nominated for sixteen Grammy Awards, garnering four wins. Key releases include albums from the Lumineers, Brett Dennen, Shovels & Rope, Drew Holcomb & the Neighbors, June Carter Cash, Guy Clark, Matraca Berg, Bobby Bare, Charlie Robison and also offers a stellar line of vintage re-issues by Daniel Johnston, the Silos, the Reivers and Townes Van Zandt. Also in the catalog are tributes to Johnny Cash, Waylon Jennings and the Carter Family, which feature new recordings from artists such as Elvis Costello, Norah Jones, Sheryl Crow, Willie Nelson, Henry Rollins and Johnny Cash.
2011 releases by the label have debuted on USA Billboard 200 with Brett Dennen's "Loverboy" debuting at #54, Drew Holcomb & the Neighbors "Chasing Someday" at #156 and Guy Clark's "Songs and Stories" at #128. 2012 releases include the Lumineers, Shovels & Rope, Elenowen, Fort Atlantic, Little Comets & the Dirty Guv'nahs. The Lumineers' album was certified platinum in the US on February 20, 2013. 2013 releases included Ivan & Alyosha's "All the Times We Had", and Little Comets's "Life is Elsewhere".
In 2014, Guy Clark's "My Favorite Picture of You" won the GRAMMY for Best Folk Album at the 56th Annual GRAMMY Awards. New releases for 2014 include Noah Gundersen's debut full-length album "Ledges", which debuted at #100 on The Billboard Top 200, and Simone Felice's "Strangers". The Felice Brothers have also signed on to release their new album through Dualtone in 2014. 2015 albums include Langhorne Slim & The Law, Noah Gundersen, Robert Earl Keen and Wild Child. The Lumineers' second album Cleopatra was the first album of 2016 from an independent label to debut at #1 with over 120,000 albums sold.  In October 2016 on Chuck Berry's 90th birthday, Dualtone announced an album of new material coming in 2017.
List of Dualtone Records artists, current and catalog
- Bobby Bare
- Brett Dennen
- Chuck Berry
- Delta Spirit
- The Felice Brothers
- Fort Atlantic
- Guy Clark
- Ivan and Alyosha
- June Carter Cash
- Langhorne Slim
- Mellow Down Easy
- The Lumineers
- Oh Pep!
- Noah Gundersen
- Shakey Graves
- Shovels & Rope
- The Wild Reeds
- Wild Child
- Chris Knight
- Vomhof, Jr., John (2005-09-16). "Navarre signs distribution deal with Dualtone Records". Minneapolis/St. Paul Business Journal. Retrieved 2008-01-07.
- Sarles, Judy (2006-04-14). "Modest label cranks it up". Nashville Business Journal. Retrieved 2008-01-07.
- Staff, Variance (2013-02-21). "The Lumineers Album Goes Platinum Following Grammy Surge". Variance Magazine. Retrieved 2013-03-26.
- "56th Annual GRAMMY Awards Winners & Nominees". Retrieved 25 February 2014.
- "The Lumineers Score Their First No. 1 Album on Billboard 200 Chart". Billboard. Retrieved 2016-10-25.
- Sisario, Ben (2016-10-18). "Roll Over Beyoncé: Chuck Berry Announces a Surprise Album". The New York Times. ISSN 0362-4331. Retrieved 2016-10-25.
- Music Group, Dualtone (2012-10-03). "About". Dualtone.com. Retrieved 2012-10-03.
|This article about a United States record label is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|