|Parent company||Entertainment One|
|Founder||Scott Robinson, Dan Herrington|
|Distributor(s)||Alternative Distribution Alliance|
|Genre||Americana, folk, rock|
|Country of origin||U.S.|
Dualtone Records is an American record label specializing in folk, Americana, and indie rock. It was founded in 2001 by Scott Robinson and Dan Herrington. The company is run by Robinson and the label's president, Paul Roper. Albums are distributed by the Alternative Distribution Alliance. On January 20, 2016, Entertainment One acquired Dualtone Records.
Dualtone has been nominated for sixteen Grammy Awards, winning four. The label's catalog includes albums by The Lumineers, Brett Dennen, Shovels & Rope, Drew Holcomb & the Neighbors, June Carter Cash, Guy Clark, Matraca Berg, Bobby Bare, Charlie Robison and also offers reissues by Daniel Johnston, the Silos, the Reivers and Townes Van Zandt. Also in the catalog are tributes to Johnny Cash, Waylon Jennings and the Carter Family, with new recordings by Elvis Costello, Norah Jones, Sheryl Crow, Willie Nelson, Henry Rollins, and Johnny Cash.
Albums released in 2011 debuted on the Billboard 200 with Brett Dennen's Loverboy debuting at No. 54, Drew Holcomb & the Neighbors Chasing Someday at No. 156 and Guy Clark's Songs and Stories at No. 128. In 2012 there were albums by the Lumineers, Shovels & Rope, Elenowen, Fort Atlantic, Little Comets & The Dirty Guv'nahs. The Lumineers's album was certified platinum in the US on February 20, 2013.
In 2014, Guy Clark's My Favorite Picture of You won the Grammy Award for Best Folk Album at the 56th Annual Grammy Awards. New releases for 2014 include Noah Gundersen's debut album Ledges, which debuted at No. 100 on The Billboard Top 200, and Simone Felice's Strangers. The Felice Brothers signed to release their new album through Dualtone in 2014. 2015 albums include Langhorne Slim & The Law, Noah Gundersen, Robert Earl Keen and Wild Child. The Lumineers' second album Cleopatra was the first album of 2016 from an independent label to debut at No. 1 with over 120,000 albums sold.  In October 2016 on Chuck Berry's 90th birthday, Dualtone announced an album of new material coming in 2017.
- Bobby Bare
- Chuck Berry
- June Carter Cash
- Guy Clark
- Delta Spirit
- Brett Dennen
- The Felice Brothers
- Fort Atlantic
- Noah Gundersen
- Ivan & Alyosha
- Chris Knight
- Langhorne Slim
- The Lumineers
- Oh Pep!
- Shakey Graves
- Shovels & Rope
- Wild Child
- The Wild Reeds
- Vomhof, Jr., John (2005-09-16). "Navarre signs distribution deal with Dualtone Records". Minneapolis/St. Paul Business Journal. Retrieved 2008-01-07.
- Sarles, Judy (2006-04-14). "Modest label cranks it up". Nashville Business Journal. Retrieved 2008-01-07.
- Staff, Variance (2013-02-21). "The Lumineers Album Goes Platinum Following Grammy Surge". Variance Magazine. Retrieved 2013-03-26.
- "56th Annual GRAMMY Awards Winners & Nominees". Retrieved 25 February 2014.
- "The Lumineers Score Their First No. 1 Album on Billboard 200 Chart". Billboard. Retrieved 2016-10-25.
- Sisario, Ben (2016-10-18). "Roll Over Beyoncé: Chuck Berry Announces a Surprise Album". The New York Times. ISSN 0362-4331. Retrieved 2016-10-25.
- Music Group, Dualtone (2012-10-03). "About". Dualtone.com. Retrieved 2012-10-03.
|This article about a United States record label is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|