Rupp in 1974
March 29, 1938 |
MacNutt, SK, CAN
|Height||6 ft 1 in (185 cm)|
|Weight||195 lb (88 kg; 13 st 13 lb)|
|Played for||New York Rangers
Toronto Maple Leafs
Minnesota North Stars
Rupp started his National Hockey League career with the New York Rangers. He would also play with the Toronto Maple Leafs, Minnesota North Stars, and the Pittsburgh Penguins. His NHL career would last from 1963 to 1973.
After playing the 1973-74 season with the Hershey Bears of the American Hockey League (AHL), Rupp played for two seasons with the Vancouver Blazers/Calgary Cowboys in the World Hockey Association before concluding his career in 1977 with the Rochester Americans of the AHL.
Since his retirement as a player, he has owned a sporting goods shop in Pittsburgh.
Awards and achievements
- Memorial Cup Championship (1957)
- AHL Second All-Star Team (1966, 1967, & 1974)
- Played in NHL All-Star Game (1968)
Duane was the first defensemen to score a hat trick in Pittsburgh Penguin team history.
- Duane Rupp career statistics at The Internet Hockey Database
- Duane Rupp biography at Legends of Hockey
- Duane Rupp's biography at Manitoba Hockey Hall of Fame
|This biographical article relating to a Canadian ice hockey defenceman is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|