|Born||Duane Louis Swierczynski|
February 22, 1972
Philadelphia, Pennsylvania, United States
Duane Louis Swierczynski (born February 22, 1972) is an American crime writer known for his work in non-fiction books, novels and comic books.
Duane Swierczynski was born and raised in Frankford, a neighborhood in lower Northeast Philadelphia, Pennsylvania, United States. After leaving in the late 1990s and making several stops elsewhere, he moved to another neighborhood in Northeast Philadelphia from 2002 until 2016. He currently resides with his family in the Los Angeles area.
Swierczynski has written six non-fiction books, including This Here’s A Stick-Up: The Big Bad Book Of American Bank Robbery (Alpha, 2002) and The Big Book O’ Beer (Quirk, 2004).
Secret Dead Men, Swierczynski’s crime fiction debut, was published in 2005 by PointBlank and has since written nine further novels. His fiction draws heavily on crime noir themes, making frequent use of femmes fatale.
In 2008, Swierczynski signed an exclusive deal with Marvel Comics, where he penned Moon Knight Annual #1, a Punisher one-shot ("Force of Nature"), and the second volume of Cable, which lasted 24 issues. He also assumed writing duties on The Immortal Iron Fist from issue #18 until the title's cancellation. His other planned projects with Marvel included a revival of Werewolf By Night, a story starring Bishop, and contributing to the X-Men-related event Messiah War. He has also written the 2012 rebooted Bloodshot rebooted series from Valiant Comics.
In September 2011, DC Comics relaunched Birds of Prey with issue #1 as part of their The New 52 publishing initiative. Swierczynski replaced Marc Andreyko as the writer, with Jesus Saiz handling the art. Batgirl and Poison Ivy will later be joining the team.
Duane Swierczynski is married and has two children. His first-born son (born March 30, 2002), Parker, is named in honor of the Richard Stark character as well as Spider-Man's secret identity, Peter Parker. He also has a daughter (born July 15, 2003), Evelyn, or Evie for short.
- This Here’s A Stick-Up: The Big Bad Book Of American Bank Robbery (Alpha, 2002) ISBN 0-02-864344-5
- The Big Book O’ Beer (Quirk, 2004) ISBN 1-931686-49-1
- The Encyclopedia of the FBI's Ten Most Wanted List, 1950 to Present ISBN 0-8160-4560-7
- The Perfect Drink for Every Occasion (Quirk)
- The Spy's Guide: Office Espionage (Quirk)
- The Complete Idiot's Guide to Frauds, Scams, and Cons (Alpha)
- Secret Dead Men (PointBlank, 2005) ISBN 1-930997-58-2
- The Wheelman (St. Martin's Press, 2005) ISBN 0-312-34377-9
- Damn Near Dead: An Anthology of Geezer Noir (Busted Flush Press, editor, 2006) ISBN 0-9767157-5-9
- The Blonde (St. Martin's Press, 2006) ISBN 0-312-34379-5
- Severance Package (St. Martin's Press, 2008) ISBN 0-312-36339-7
- Murder at Wayne Manor: An Interactive Batman Mystery (Quirk, 2008) ISBN 1-59474-237-5
- Expiration Date (Minotaur Books, 2010) ISBN 978-0-312-36340-6 (Winner of the 2011 Anthony award for Best Paperback Original)
- Canary (Mulholland Books, 2015) ISBN 978-0316403207
- Revolver (Mulholland Books, 2016) ISBN 978-0316403238
- The House Husband (with James Patterson, BookShots, 2017) ISBN 978-1786530981
Charlie Hardie Trilogy
- Fun and Games (Mulholland Books, 2011) ISBN 978-0-316-13328-9
- Hell and Gone (Mulholland Books, 2011) ISBN 978-0-316-13329-6
- Point and Shoot (Mulholland Books, 2013) ISBN 978-0-316-13330-2
- Moon Knight: Annual #1 (Marvel, 2007)
- Punisher: Force Of Nature (Marvel, 2008)
- Cable #1–25 (Marvel, 2008–2010)
- The Immortal Iron Fist #17–27 (with Travel Foreman, ongoing series, Marvel, 2008–2009)
- Immortal Iron Fist: The Death Queen of California (Marvel, 2008)
- Punisher: Frank Castle #66–70, #75 (Marvel, 2009)
- Dead of Night: Werewolf by Night #1-4 (Marvel, 2009)
- X-Men: The Times and Life of Lucas Bishop #1–3 (Marvel, 2009)
- Immortal Weapons #1-5 (Marvel, 2009-2010)
- Dark X-Men #1-5 (Marvel, 2010)
- Deadpool: Wade Wilson's War #1-4 (Marvel, 2010)
- X-Men: Hope #1 (Marvel, 2010)
- X-Men Origins: Deadpool #1 (Marvel, 2010)
- X-Men: Curse of the Mutants — Blade #1 (Marvel, 2010)
- Black Widow #6-8 (Marvel, 2010)
- Widowmaker #2, #4 (Marvel, 2010-2011)
- Birds of Prey #1-17, ongoing series, (DC, 2011-2013)
- Infestation 2 #1-2 (IDW, 2012)
- Infestation 2: 30 Days of Night #1 (IDW, 2012)
- Bloodshot #1-13, ongoing series, (Valiant Comics, 2012-2013)
- Godzilla #1-13, ongoing series, (IDW, 2012-2013)
- X (comics) #0-24, ongoing series, (Dark Horse, 2013-2015)
- Judge Dredd #1-30, ongoing series, (IDW, 2012-2015)
- Two Past Midnight #1-3 (Dark Horse, 2013)
- Harbinger Wars #1-4 (with Joshua Dysart, limited series, Valiant Comics, 2013)
- Deadpool vs. X-Force #1-4 (Marvel, 2014)
- The Black Hood vol. 4 #1-11, ongoing series, (Archie Comics, 2015-2016)
- The Black Hood vol. 5 #1-5 (Archie Comics, 2016-2017)
- Star Wars: Rogue One: Cassian & K-2SO #1 (Marvel, 2017)
- An interview with Rhawnhurst graphic novelist Duane Swierczynski Archived September 7, 2009, at the Wayback Machine., NEastPhilly.com, May 6, 2009.
- Technically Not Tech: Graphic novelist Duane Swierczynski, TechnicallyPhilly.com, April 6, 2009.
- "Duane Swierczynski resigns as City Paper editor", Philadelphia Daily News, February 4, 2008.
- NYCC '08: Swierczynski Talks New Exclusive, Punisher MAX[permanent dead link], Newsarama, April 20, 2008.
- Duane Swierczynski Is Your New "Cable" Provider, Comic Book Resources, December 4, 4, 2007.
- Readying Iron Fist with Writer Duane Swierczynski, Newsarama, September 7, 2008.
- Swierczynski on "Werweolf By NIght", Comic Book Resources, December 19, 2008.
- "Duane Swierczynski: Martial Arts, Mutants, Werewolves...Oh My!", Newsarama, November 25, 2008.
- "Duane Swierczynski and Chris Yost talk Messiah War", IGN, January 15, 2009.
- "Last Hope: Swierczynski on Messiah War", Comic Book Resources, April 10, 2009.
- Fleming, Michael (August 13, 2008). "Lionsgate, Platt pick up 'Package'". Variety. Retrieved August 14, 2008.
- Batman Relaunch: New #1s for "Batgirl", "Batman", "Detective", "Catwoman", "Birds of Prey" (UPDATED) Archived April 22, 2012, at WebCite, Comics Alliance, June 6, 2011
- Andreeva, Nellie (2017-11-02). "Chris Morgan Sets 3 NBC Police Drama Projects With Josh Duhamel Among EPs". Deadline. Retrieved 2018-01-17.
- The Sweet Smell of Excess, Philadelphia Weekly, February 11, 2009.
- Cable Vision: Duane Swierczynski Q&A, Marvel.com.
- "Bouchercon World Mystery Convention : Anthony Awards Nominees". Bouchercon.info. October 2, 2003. Archived from the original on February 7, 2012. Retrieved March 1, 2012.
- Official blog
- Podcast interview with ComiXology.com
- Fund and Games Interview Shotsmag Ezine
- Interview at Dark Party Review
Richard K. Morgan
| Black Widow writer