José Henrique Duarte Mendes (born August 7, 1947, Lisbon) is a former Portuguese captain and singer. He participated in Festival da Canção in 1970, 1972, and 1973 but he did not win until 1975 when he performed "Madrugada" (lyrics and song from José Luís Tinoco), about Colonial War and 1974's Carnation Revolution.
He represented Portugal in Eurovision Song Contest 1975 with that song. He finished in 16th place with 16 points (a surprising 12 points from Turkey).
- Então Dizia-te (Single, 1970)
- Adolescente/Dar e Cantar (Single, Philips, 1971)
- Cidade Alheia/Town Without Sun (Single, Orfeu, 1972)
- Gente (EP, Orfeu, 1973) Gente / O Retrato / Maria Vida Fria
- Madrugada (Single, Orfeu, 1975)
- Madrugada (LP, Orfeu, 1975?)
|Awards and achievements|
Paulo de Carvalho
with "E depois do adeus"
|Portugal in the Eurovision Song Contest
Carlos do Carmo
with "Uma flor de verde pinho"