|Town and District Capital|
|District||Tano North District|
|Elevation||315 m (1,033 ft)|
|• Demonym||Duayaw Nkwanter|
|• Summer (DST)||GMT (UTC)|
Duayaw Nkwanta is a town and the capital of Tano North District, a district in the Brong-Ahafo Region of Ghana, located close to the capital of Brong-Ahafo, Sunyani. The infrastructure of Duayaw Nkwanta is well structured. Duayaw Nkwanta has a settlement population of 17,476.
Agriculture is the main occupation among the workforce of Duayaw Nkwanta.
Duayaw Nkwanta has one of the best hospitals in Brong-Ahafo. It is known as the Saint John of God of Hospital. The hospital has an excellent orthopaedic centre. It is rated among the top three in Ghana.
Duayaw Nkwanta is also known for the Boakye Tromo Secondary Technical School. It also has a female girls' Senior High School known as, Serwah Kesse High School. Formerly, it was a mixed school by the name of Duayaw-Nkwanta Secondary School. The schools are second cycle institutions.
- "World Gazetteer online". World-gazetteer.com.
- Tano North District - Brong-Ahafo Region. Tanonorth.ghanadistricts.gov.gh.
- "Educational Institutions". www.centralregion.gov.gh. Retrieved 12 August 2011.
- "References » Schools/Colleges". www.modernghana.com. Retrieved 12 August 2011.
- "List of Secondary Schools in Ghana". www.ghanaschoolsnet.com/. Retrieved 12 August 2011.
|This Ghana location article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|