Dubai Chamber of Commerce and Industry
|This article relies too much on references to primary sources. (July 2008) (Learn how and when to remove this template message)|
Established in 1965, the Dubai Chamber of Commerce & Industry is a private non-profit organization, and the stated purpose of the organization is to support the business community in Dubai and promote Dubai as an international business hub. As of 2014[update] the Chairman of the Dubai Chamber was Abdul Rahman Saif Al Ghurair. Hamad Buamim is the Chamber’s CEO and President.
The Dubai Chamber was established by a decree issued by the late Ruler of Dubai, Sheikh Rashid bin Saeed Al Maktoum in 1965. Dubai Chamber started its activities with 450 members and a 12-member board of directors. The number of members increased to over 150,000, from all economic sectors, in 2013. There are 24 board members.
The Chamber created 27 business groups that are divided by industry, and 43 business councils that are divided by country.
Local and international Offices
Dubai Chamber has the head office in Deira and another branch in Jebel Ali Free Zone Authority (JAFZA). Representative offices are located in Dubai Airport Free Zone (DAFZA) and the Land Transport Customs Building in Al Aweer.
The Dubai Chamber opened representative offices in Baku, Azerbaijan and in Addis Ababa, Ethiopia. As of 2013[update] twenty more were expected to open in emerging markets. In January 2015, an office was inaugurated in Accra, Ghana.
The Dubai Chamber launched the Mohammed Bin Rashid Al Maktoum Business Award in 2005. The award recognizes and rewards firms that contribute to the UAE's economic development. It is the highest level of recognition for business excellence that an organization in the UAE can achieve.
- "Africa Global Business Forum to become an annual event". Retrieved 9 January 2014.
- Bhatia, Rushika. "Dubai Chamber explores CIS region". Retrieved 9 January 2014.
- "Certificate of Origin - Dubai Chamber". Retrieved 9 January 2014.
- Bitar, Zaher. "Business councils in Dubai to be treated as commercial institutions". Retrieved 9 January 2014.
- Basit, Abdul. "Dubai Chamber posts 7% growth". Retrieved 9 January 2014.
- "Dubai Chamber to open rep office in Ethiopia". Retrieved 9 January 2014.
- "Awards". Retrieved 9 January 2014.