Dubai Studio City
This article contains content that is written like an advertisement. (October 2015) (Learn how and when to remove this template message)
|Free Economic Zone|
|Founded||Dubai Holding subsidiary TECOM Investments|
Dubai Studio City is part of Tecom Group in Dubai, UAE. Following in the footsteps of Dubai Media City, it will cater to the production needs of the region and has plans to build movie studios like Hollywood sound stages backlots for various production needs. It is located opposite the upmarket gated community of Arabian Ranches.
Dubai Media City and Dubai Studio City both belong to Dubai Holding subsidiary TECOM Investments. Dubai Studio City will have pre-built studios, sound stages, workshops, backlots and stage areas, a broadcast centre housing offices and post-production studios, and a business centre for freelancers. The cluster will also house film and television academies, location approval services, entertainment and retail spaces, and hotels and residential facilities to accommodate crews and casts. In 2008 Dubai Studio City hosted film program in Dubai with Manhattan Film Academy.
List of companies
- Endemol Middle East (MENA region's headquarters)
- ART (Arab Radio and Television Network) (an office)
- Dubai Eye 103.8
- "Media City Free Zone, Dubai". Business-Dubai.com. Retrieved 29 November 2015.
- "Calling Hollywood". itp.net. Retrieved 30 November 2011.
- UAEinteract.com. "Studio City unveils plan to set up huge sound stages". UAE Interact. Retrieved 30 November 2011.
- "Dubai Studio City announced to boost film and broadcast production industry". AME Info. Archived from the original on 7 June 2011. Retrieved 30 November 2011.
- "Dubai Studio City unveils master plan for film and broadcast production community". AME Info. 12 August 2006. Archived from the original on 7 June 2011. Retrieved 30 November 2011.
- Dubai Informer – Dubai Studio City – First Phase Announced Archived 28 September 2007 at the Wayback Machine
- "Dubai Studio City nearly ready for action". ArabianBusiness.com. 16 May 2007. Retrieved 30 November 2011.
- "Dubai promotes Studio City at Cannes". ArabianBusiness.com. 28 May 2007. Retrieved 30 November 2011.
- "Dubai Studio City to woo broadcast crowd". ArabianBusiness.com. 27 August 2007. Retrieved 30 November 2011.
- Gulf News – Boutique studios to boost broadcasting in Dubai
- "Dubai unveils new broadcast studios". AME Info. Archived from the original on 25 September 2011. Retrieved 30 November 2011.
- "Archived copy". Archived from the original on 6 August 2013. Retrieved 2013-08-22.CS1 maint: Archived copy as title (link)
- [Studio Apartment In Jumeirah Village Circle
- "ART to establish office in Dubai Studio City – Media". ArabianBusiness.com. 8 June 2008. Retrieved 30 November 2011.
|This United Arab Emirates location article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|