Dublin Coffman High School
|Dublin Coffman High School|
6780 Coffman Road
|Type||Public, Coeducational high school|
|School district||Dublin City Schools|
|Superintendent||Todd F. Hoadley|
|Color(s)||Green, Black and White |
|Slogan||Academic Rigor, Authentic Community, Appreciation of Our History|
|Athletics conference||Ohio Capital Conference|
|Rival||Hilliard Davidson High School, Upper Arlington High School|
|Accreditation||North Central Association of Colleges and Schools|
Dublin Coffman High School is a public high school located in Dublin, Ohio, United States, a suburb northwest of Columbus, Ohio, which was formerly known as Dublin High School. It is the oldest of three high schools in the Dublin City Schools district, and serves the southern and central parts of the District.
Dublin Coffman High School was originally established as Dublin High School in January 1973, and was the only high school in the Dublin school district at that time. Dublin High School changed its name to Dublin Coffman High School in 1995 after the school's acceptance into the Ohio Capital Conference and plans to build a second high school—eventually named Dublin Scioto—were announced.
Over its almost forty-year history, Coffman has gone through many additions and upgrades; the most major include the expansion of the B building, which now houses the English, World Languages, and Social Studies departments, and the addition of the A building, which encompasses the library, technology- related classes, Mathematics, and Science departments.
In the 2009-2010 school year, Dublin Coffman underwent a series of renovations to the building. These renovations made it possible to add 10 classrooms, seal the outdoor courtyard, add classrooms off of and below the bridge between the A and B buildings, and move the location of the administrative offices and main entrance to the opposite side of the building . In addition to this, the renovations converted the old administrative area to new classrooms. The Rock Shop was moved from its original location to the cafeteria, near the girl's restrooms.
Dublin Coffman High School is a part of the Dublin City School District in central Ohio. The Dublin City School District has been awarded Ohio's highest academic rating, Excellent with Distinction, for its eighth consecutive year. Their mascot is the Shamrocks, also known as the Rocks.
Notable Alumni include:
- Kent Mercker, (class of 1986) Former MLB Pitcher for 9 different teams but, most known for his career with the Cincinnati Reds
- Vince Workman, (class of 1985) Former NFL Running Back
- Doug DeVore, Former MLB player (Arizona Diamondbacks)
- Chris Quinn, (class of 2002) Former Cleveland Cavaliers Guard
- Brady Quinn, (class of 2003) Current FOX College Football analyst, former Miami Dolphins, Cleveland Browns, Denver Broncos, Kansas City Chiefs, Seattle Seahawks, New York Jets, and Notre Dame Quarterback
- Ikechuku Ndukwe, (class of 2000) Former Offensive Guard/Tackle for the Baltimore Ravens, Miami Dolphins, Kansas City Chiefs and Northwestern University Wildcats
- Chinedum Ndukwe, (class of 2003) Former NFL Safety that played for Cincinnati Benglas and Oakland Raiders.
- Mike Adams, (class of 2008) Current Offensive Tackle for the Chicago Bears
- Jake Stoneburner (tight end), (class of 2008) Former tight end for the Miami Dolphins
- Cole Stoudt (class of 2011) College football player and coach
Dublin Coffman has many Honors and AP classes as well as advanced technological classes, which include Project Lead the Way engineering classes and AP Computer Science. New to the Dublin Schools as of 2008 International Baccalaureate classes were offered to any student willing to undertake the difficult courses.
- Boys Golf – 1977, 1979, 1981, 1983
- Girls Gymnastics – 1980, 1982, 1984
- Boys Volleyball - 1992 (Not OHSAA)
- Girls Golf – 2000
- Boys Baseball - 2001
- Girls Soccer – 2001, 2003
- Boys Cross Country - 2011
- "Dublin Coffman High School". National Center for Education Statistics. Retrieved February 5, 2019.
- OHSAA. "Ohio High School Athletic Association member directory". Archived from the original on November 3, 2010. Retrieved 2010-02-17.
- NCA-CASI. "NCA-Council on Accreditation and School Improvement". Archived from the original on September 23, 2009. Retrieved 2010-02-17.
- Dublin Coffman High School Addition & Renovation." OHM Advancing Communities. Orchard, Hiltz & McCliment, Inc, 2011. Web. 18 Sept. 2011. <http://www.ohm-advisors.com/include_project_details.cfm?pro_id=121> Archived March 25, 2012, at the Wayback Machine.
- "Dublin City Schools is Excellent with Distinction." Dublin City Schools. eSchoolView, 2011. Web. 18 Sept. 2011. <http://www.dublinschools.net/protected/ArticleView.aspx?iid=5GBPPI&dasi=1Y>.
- ThisWeek Community Papers. "Cincinnati Reds Pitcher Kent Mercker". Retrieved 2008-07-23.
- "Doug DeVore's entry on Baseball-Reference.com". Baseball-reference.com. Retrieved 2014-11-17.
- University of Notre Dame Official Athletics Site. "Player Bio: Chinedum Ndukwe". Retrieved 2010-04-25.
- Yappi. "Yappi Sports Baseball". Retrieved 2007-02-12.
- OHSAA. "Ohio High School Athletic Association Web site". Retrieved 2006-12-31.