Dublin Jerome High School
This article needs additional citations for verification. (October 2015) (Learn how and when to remove this template message)
|Dublin Jerome High School|
8300 Hyland-Croy Road
|Type||Public, Coeducational high school|
|School district||Dublin City Schools|
|Superintendent||Todd F. Hoadley|
|Principal||Dr. Dustin Miller|
|Color(s)||Forest Green & Vegas Gold|
|Athletics conference||Ohio Capital Conference|
|Accreditation||North Central Association of Colleges and Schools |
|Athletic Director||Joe Bline|
Dublin Jerome High School is a public high school located in Dublin, Ohio, northwest of Columbus, Ohio. It is the newest of the three high schools in the Dublin City Schools district. Jerome opened for its first year during the 2004-2005 school year. Though located in the southeast tip of Union County, Dublin Jerome primarily serves students in parts of Franklin County and Delaware County. The school's principal is Dr. Dustin Miller, and the assistant principals are Andy Wilkinson, Kristy Venne, and Jerry Obney. The Athletic Director is Ryan Walker. Jerome's mascot is the Celtic Warrior. Jerome was ranked number 143 in the Newsweek top high school rankings in 2013. In 2010, Jerome was honored as a Blue Ribbon School by the US Department of Education.
The Band has received a 'I' Superior rating at the Ohio Music Education Association (OMEA) state finals for its entire existence (2004–Present). Their highest score in OMEA competition is currently 280.05 with their 2018 competition show “On The Shoulders of Giants”. The band has also competed on the Midstates Band Association circuit since 2007, scoring a 73.9  in its first season in finals.
The Dublin Jerome Orchestra plays a combination of both classical and more modern music. It is conducted by Michelle Adair and has three concerts per year. The last concert of the year is the Concerto Concert in which three soloists perform, accompanied by a full orchestra. Pieces performed in the past have included Faure Elegie cello concerto, Bruch Violin Concerto, Sergei Rachmaninoff's 2nd Piano Concerto, Tchaikovsky's 1st Piano Concerto, and other well-known works.
The Dublin Jerome Choir as a whole performs yearly Holiday Showcase and once again in the springtime for an original concert.
A school tradition is to have a bagpiper lead the girls hockey team onto field every Wednesday night.
Dublin Jerome has had a Drama Club and a Theatre 3 Acting Ensemble since it first opened.
2010-2011 Season: Moon Over Buffalo, Alice in Wonderland, Les Misérables, Three Weddings and a Funeral (Student written), Student Directed One Acts
2011-2012 Season: The Diary of Anne Frank, Peter Pan, Beauty and The Beast, The Baseball Show, Student Directed One Acts
2012-2013 Season: Rumors, 101 Dalmatians Kids, The Wizard of OZ, The Dining Room, Student Directed One Acts
2013-2014 Season: The Children's Hour, Honk! Jr., Legally Blonde: The Musical, The Curious Savage, Student Directed One Acts
2014-2015 Season: Leading Ladies, Seussical the Musical, Mary Poppins, Student Directed One Acts, The 39 Steps
2015-2016 Season: And Then There Were None, Rodger and Hammerstein's Cinderella, Student Directed One Acts, Sweeney Todd: The Demon Barber of Fleet Street, The Mystery at the Frisky Kitten
2016-2017 Season: A Flea in her Ear, Charlottes Web, Student Directed One Acts, Guys and Dolls, Failure: A Love Story
Dublin Jerome is an [OHSAA] Division I and Division II athletic high school. There are multiple sports teams for both men and women including football, soccer, cross country, field hockey, volleyball, wrestling, basketball, swimming, hockey, track, tennis, baseball, softball, golf and lacrosse.
- Connor Murphy - Professional Hockey player, First round draft pick by the Phoenix Coyotes.
- Cole Cassels - Professional Hockey player, drafted third round by the Vancouver Canucks.
- Chris Wood (actor) - Went to Elon University, re-occurring role in The Carrie Diaries.
- OHSAA. "Ohio High School Athletic Association member directory". Archived from the original on 2010-11-03. Retrieved 2010-02-17.
- "Dublin Jerome High School". National Center for Education Statistics. Retrieved November 5, 2018.
- NCA-CASI. "NCA-Council on Accreditation and School Improvement". Archived from the original on September 23, 2009. Retrieved 2010-02-17.
- "Jerome Administration". Dublin City Schools. Retrieved 15 February 2014.
- "America's Best High Schools: The List — Newsweek and The Daily Beast". Newsweek.com. Retrieved 2012-07-05.
- "OPEN Class Championships". Midstatesba.org. 2007-11-03. Archived from the original on 2012-02-27. Retrieved 2012-07-05.
- "Connor Murphy Phoenix Coyotes - 2011-2012 Stats — Phoenix Coyotes — Team". Coyotes.nhl.com. 1993-03-26. Retrieved 2012-07-05.
- "Music Theatre Alumni". Elon University. Retrieved 2018-01-25.