Ducati Desmosedici RR
|Manufacturer||Ducati Motor Holding S.p.A|
|Engine||989 cc desmodromic V4|
|Bore / stroke||86.0 mm × 42.56 mm (3.386 in × 1.676 in)|
|Top speed||303 km/h (188 mph)|
|Power||147.1 kW (197.3 hp) @ 13,800rpm (claimed)
126.6 kW (169.8 hp) (rear wheel) @ 13,250rpm
|Torque||11.8 kg⋅m (116 N⋅m; 85 lbf⋅ft) @ 10,500rpm (claimed)
98.2 N⋅m (72.4 lb⋅ft) (rear wheel) @ 10,500rpm
|Suspension||Front 43 mm inverted fork gas-pressurized cartridge Öhlins FG353P (4.72 in.) wheel travel fully adjustable
Rear Öhlins PRXB single shock (4.72 in.) wheel travel fully adjustable
|Brakes||Front Dual semi-floating 330 mm discs with dual 4-piston radial-mount Brembo monobloc calipers
Rear Single 240 mm disc with opposed 2-piston caliper
|Tires||Front: 120/70 ZR17 Bridgestone BT-01F Uno
Rear:200/55ZR-16 Bridgestone BT-01R Uno
|Rake, trail||23.5/24.5 deg. (adjustable) / 97 mm (3.8 in)|
|Wheelbase||1,430.2 mm (56.31 in)|
|Seat height||830.58 mm (32.700 in)|
|Weight||171 kg (377.0 lb) (dry)
193 kg (425 lb) (wet)
|Fuel capacity||15 l (4.0 US gal)|
In 2004, Ducati announced at the Misano circuit at the World Ducati Week that a low volume road replica of the Desmosedici would be available for Reservations beginning in June 2006. With Ducati making 1,500 Desmosedici models for public purchase.
Ducati first showed a final production version of the bike at a press day for the '06 Italian Grand Prix at Mugelloat . Termed the Desmosedici RR (Racing Replica), it was claimed to be the first true road replica of a MotoGP racing bike. Priority for ordering was given to Ducati 999R owners, with production projected at one bike per day at a retail cost of US$72,500 and GB£40,000. The price included a three year warranty and servicing, cover, and a racing kit including a race-only exhaust system, a slip-on muffler, and complementary fuel and ignition mapping in a "race ECU". It also included enough sponsor stickers to fill both sides of the bike. With forged magnesium wheels the Desmosedici RR was the first production bike to use them.
The Ducati Desmosedici RR production started beginning in October 2007 till December 2008, and the first customer orders delivered from January 2008.
- "Ducati Model Year archive". Ducati. Retrieved June 10, 2016.
- Kunitsugu, Kent (May 26, 2010). "Ducati Desmosedici RR - The Firebreather". Sport Rider. Retrieved June 9, 2016.
- Desmosedici RR - Technical specification, Ducati Motor Holding S.p.A., 2008, retrieved 2010-03-06
- "Desmosedici RR model information". Ducati North America. Archived from the original on 2008-12-25. Retrieved 2009-01-04.
- "Desmosedici RR model information". Ducati UK. Archived from the original on 2008-12-27. Retrieved 2009-01-04.
|Wikimedia Commons has media related to Ducati Desmosedici RR.|
- Ducati.com - The official manufacturer's website. Current model info, including online information, history, manuals and race team info (Italian/English)
- Pierre Col's Desmosedici RR photos - 23,000 km in less than 3 years on road and tracks in France