Duck face is a photographic pose, which is well known on profile pictures in social networks. It was invented by Jason Statham for the 1994 Erasure music video "Run to the Sun". Lips are pressed together as in a pout and often with simultaneously sucked in cheeks. The pose is most often seen as an attempt to appear alluring, but also as a self-deprecating, ironic gesture making fun of the pose. It may be associated with sympathy, attractiveness, friendliness or stupidity.
- Miller, Sarah (25 May 2011). "Duck Hunting on the Internet". The New York Times.
- Bushak, Lecia (18 August 2015). "What Your Selfies Can Reveal About Your Personality". Medical Daily. Retrieved 2015-12-15.
- Qiu, Lin; Lu, Jiahui; Yang, Shanshan; Qu, Weina; Zhu, Tingshao (November 2015). "What does your selfie say about you?" (PDF). Computers in Human Behavior. 52: 443–449. doi:10.1016/j.chb.2015.06.032.
- Fragaszy, Dorothy M.; Visalberghi, Elisabetta; Fedigan, Linda M. (21 June 2004). The Complete Capuchin: The Biology of the Genus Cebus. Cambridge University Press. pp. 203–204, 233. ISBN 978-0-521-66768-5.
- Manson, J. H.; Perry, S.; Parish, A. R. (October 1997). "Nonconceptive sexual behavior in bonobos and capuchins". International Journal of Primatology. 18 (5): 767–786. doi:10.1023/A:1026395829818.
- Steinmetz, Katy (3 December 2014). "Oxford Dictionaries Adds 'Duck Face,' 'Man Crush' and 'Lolcat'". Time.
- "Lolcat and duck face new words in Oxford Dictionaries online". BBC. 4 December 2014.