The topic of this article may not meet Wikipedia's general notability guideline. (November 2017) (Learn how and when to remove this template message)
This article needs additional citations for verification. (November 2017) (Learn how and when to remove this template message)
Ducksie Walsh (born Michael Walsh; 3 May 1966 – 4 August 2016) was an Irish handball player for Kilkenny. He contested the 2007 M Donnelly 60 x 30 Singles Handball final against Eoin Kennedy of Dublin.
Even up until his death he was still competing at the highest level of 60x30 Handball. The week before his death he won the senior Irish Nationals, settling the score with Eoin Kennedy, Dublin. And in 2015 he reached the Senior Doubles 60x30 All Ireland final with Ciaran Neary. Here he lost out in the tie break and followed this up weeks later by winning the All Ireland Masters 60x30 Singles title.
- 16 All-Ireland 60x30 Senior Singles titles
- 7 All-Ireland 40x20 Senior Singles titles
- 10 All-Ireland 60x30 Senior Doubles titles
- 5 All-Ireland 40x20 Senior Doubles Titles
- 1 Waterford National Crystal Singles
- 7 Handballer of the Year awards
- Numerous underage All-Ireland, USA and world titles, etc.
- Holds record thirteen successive Senior Softball Singles titles 1985–1997.
- Holds record thirty-eight All-Ireland Senior medals.
- 10 All Ireland Masters 40x20 Singles
- 2 World Championships in 2015 — Masters 40x20 Singles
- Masters One Wall Singles
Walsh died on 4 August 2016, aged 50, after a short illness.
- "GAA Handball pay tribute to 'sportsman par excellence' Michael 'Ducksy' Walsh". Independent Ireland. 4 August 2016. Retrieved 5 August 2016.
- "All-Ireland handball final a sell-out". BreakingNews.ie. 29 August 2007. Retrieved 6 April 2010.
- Senior Softball Singles Cumann Lúthchleas Gael Official Website, GAA.ie; accessed 13 November 2017. Archived 31 August 2007 at the Wayback Machine
- Senior Softball Doubles, Cumann Lúthchleas Gael Official Website, GAA.ie; accessed 13 November 2017.Archived 31 August 2007 at the Wayback Machine
- Staff (4 August 2016). "Legendary Kilkenny handballer Michael 'Ducksie' Walsh dies". RTÉ. Retrieved 13 November 2017.
|This Gaelic games biographical article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|