This article contains content that is written like an advertisement. (October 2013) (Learn how and when to remove this template message)
Amir Glatt |
|Headquarters||Palo Alto, California|
Duda (formerly DudaMobile) is a web design platform for companies that offer web design services to small businesses.  The platform provides users with a website builder, as well as team collaboration and client management tools, which enable web professionals to build natively responsive websites. Duda websites are automatically optimized for Google PageSpeed and Search Engine Optmization.
The company was founded in 2009 by Amir Glatt and Itai Sadan and is headquartered in Palo Alto, California. A research and development office is located in Tel Aviv, Israel. The company also maintains offices in Denver, Colorado and London, U.K.
Currently, there are more than 12 million websites on the Duda platform.
In 2011, the company made its mobile website solution directly available to SMBs on its website, while still partnering with other enterprise companies that white labeled the solution and integrated it into their service offering. A reseller option for web professionals and agencies was added to Duda’s offering in 2011.
In April 2012, as part of its “GoMo” initiative, Google announced that it would provide a free year of hosting to sites that were optimized for the mobile web. Duda was Google’s partner in this offer, providing the DIY mobile website for the GoMo service.
The company’s responsive website builder, which features unique website personalization tools, was released in 2014.
In June 2016, Duda became the first web design platform for web professionals to partner with the Let’s Encrypt initiative to provide free SSL certificates for all websites created on its platform.
In July 2018, Duda was certified as an ethical business partner by the Local Search Association.
- Itai Sadan, Chief Executive Officer, and co-founder. Former Director at SAP.
- Amir Glatt, Chief Technology Officer, and co-founder.
- Alan Keller, Chief Revenue Officer, joined April 2012. Former Vice President of Business Development at VerticalResponse.
Products and services
Duda offers a variety of products and features for web professionals and solutions providers that need to create websites for their clients.
The company’s flagship product is a website builder, which allows users to create responsive websites using Duda’s drag-and-drop platform. The website builder features built-in website personalization tools, along with a blogging platform, eCommerce solution, custom widget builder and API.
The Duda platform is designed for web professionals and provides many tools for team collaboration and client management, such as user roles and permissions, shareable team assets, comprehensive analytics, and content collection forms that automatically import a client’s business information into the website builder.
Duda also offers a white label edition of its web design platform that can be placed under a web professional or agency’s own brand.
Duda’s mobile site builder, which is separate from its responsive website builder, provides users with the option to create a mobile version of their current website, without switching or changing platforms. They have the choice to either enter their desktop site’s URL to create its mobile version, or design a completely new mobile-only website from scratch with the use of a template. The newly created mobile site can be modified with HTML and CSS, or through the use of a drag-and-drop editor. Sites designed on the Duda platform or through a partner service are compatible with all smartphones. Analytics tools are available and mobile sites automatically sync to their desktop counterparts.
Duda has partnered with a variety of large digital publishers and web solutions providers, including DexYP, Hibu, Italiaonline, 1&1, UOL, Sensis, and Publicar. The company has won multiple awards over the years, and was ranked 224 in Deloitte’s Fast 500 list for 2016.
Best Small and Medium Business Service of the Year - Best in Biz Awards
Best Technology Breakthrough - Mobile Excellence Awards
Best Interactive Services Mobile Website - Mobile Web Awards
Best Mobile Design Tool - Website Magazine
Best Mobile Website Builder - TopTenREVIEWS
OnMobile 50 Companies To Watch - AlwaysOn
Global 250 Top Private Companies to Watch - AlwaysOn
Social Responsibility/Emerging Markets (Runner-Up) - Mobile Merit Awards 2013
Silver Award (Mobile Websites - Business) - W3 Awards/International Academy of the Visual Arts
Best New Monetizing Solution - 2013 T.R.A.F.F.I.C. Awards 
Best Web Tool - Web Hosting Search
- Amie Vaccaro, 6 Startup Trends from TechCrunch Disrupt, TriplePundit, retrieved May 5, 2013
- SMBs and Mobile: Will It Be Monetized?, Screenwerk, retrieved May 5, 2013
- Nadine Heintz, Mobile Websites on the Fly, Inc., retrieved May 5, 2013
- Duda CrunchBase, CrunchBase, retrieved May 5, 2013
- Mike Shaw, Four tips to create a rich mobile web experience in less than an hour, Mobile Entertainment, retrieved May 5, 2013
- WSMBest Small and Medium Business Service of the Year, Best in Biz Awards, retrieved November 20, 2013
- WSMBest Technology Breakthrough - Mobile Excellence Awards, Mobile Excellence Awards, retrieved October 24, 2013
- WSMBest Interactive Services Mobile Website, Mobile Web Awards, retrieved November 14, 2013
- WSMBest Mobile Design Tool - Website Magazine, Website Magazine, retrieved September 2, 2013
- TTRBest Mobile Website Builder - TopTenREVIEWS, TechMedia Network, retrieved August 1, 2013
- OMCOnMobile 50 Companies To Watch - AlwaysOn, AlwaysOn, retrieved September 23, 2013
- AOGGlobal 250 Top Private Companies to Watch - AlwaysOn, AlwaysOn, archived from the original on July 6, 2013, retrieved July 2, 2013
- MMASocial Responsibility/Emerging Markets (Runner-Up) - Mobile Merit Awards 2013, Mobile Merit Awards, retrieved September 1, 2013
- W3ASilver Award (Mobile Websites - Business) - W3 Awards, W3 Awards: The International Academy of the Visual Arts, retrieved September 26, 2013
- TRABest New Monetizing Solution - 2013 T.R.A.F.F.I.C. Awards, T.R.A.F.F.I.C., retrieved August 1, 2013
- Duda Is Awarded The Best Web Tool, WebHosting.com, retrieved May 25, 2012