||This article contains content that is written like an advertisement. (October 2013) (Learn how and when to remove this template message)|
|Headquarters||Palo Alto, California|
|Products||Mobile-friendly, responsive website design platforms
Duda (formerly DudaMobile) is a software suite for creating optimized multi-screen websites primarily for small and medium-sized businesses. The company was founded in 2009 by Amir Glatt and Itai Sadan. Company headquarters are in Palo Alto, California. A research and development office is located in Tel Aviv, Israel.
In 2011 the company made its self-service service available on its website, while still partnering with other companies. In August 2011 DudaMobile launched a mobile-friendly version of its mobile website builder.
In April 2012, as part of its “GoMo” initiative, Google announced that it would provide a free year of hosting to sites that optimize for the mobile web. DudaMobile was Google’s partner in this offer, providing the DIY mobile website for the GoMo service. Google also planned to offer free analytics as part of the deal. Since starting back in 2009, the company has released products, features and product updates. A reseller option was added to Duda in 2011, and its responsive website builder, along with a website personalization tool, was added in 2014.
Duda received an investment of more than $2 million in angel funds in January, 2010. The round was led by Oren Zeev with participation of additional investors such as Don Katz and Jeff Fluhr. In March 2012, Pitango contributed $6 million as part of Series B funding. Series C funding totaling $10.3 million was initiated in April 2013.
Duda planned to use the Series B funding to enhance its marketing and engineering departments. The company also planned to intensify its focus on small and medium businesses and entrepreneurs.
- Itai Sadan, Chief Executive Officer, and co-founder. Former Director at SAP.
- Amir Glatt, Chief Technology Officer, and co-founder.
- Alan Keller, Chief Revenue Officer, joined April 2012. Former Vice President of Business Development at VerticalResponse
- Jason Knaut, Chief Financial Officer. Jason previously served as VP Finance & Analytics for Realtor.com.
Products and services
Duda offers products and programs ranging from a mobile site builder to a reseller program.
Its flagship product is a responsive website builder, which allows users to create responsive websites using Duda’s drag-and-drop platform. This website builder has a website personalization tool built into the platform, along with other tools like a blogging platform and eCommerce. Duda also released a WordPress plugin called inSite, which is a website personalization tool you can use on a self-hosted WordPress powered site.
The DudaPro Website Reseller Program is a program aimed at agencies who create multiple sites. The reseller program allows these to signup and receive discounts on websites that they build.
The company also has a mobile site builder, which is separate from the responsive website builder. This product gives users the option to create a mobile version of their current website, without switching or changing platforms. Users have the choice to either enter their desktop site’s URL to create its mobile version, or design a completely new site from scratch just for the mobile web with the use of a template. The newly created mobile site can be modified with HTML and CSS, or through the use of a drag and drop editor. Sites designed on the Duda platform or through a partner service are compatible with all smartphones. Analytics tools are available and mobile sites automatically sync to their desktop counterparts.
GoDaddy.com launched its own mobile web optimization service in 2012 using Duda’s software. Also in 2012, Google began its “GoMo” push, using the Duda software to help small and medium businesses make the move to mobile-friendly websites. The partnership ended in March 2013. In late 2013 the company initiated a similar promotion with Yahoo!.
OpenTable, a reservation service for restaurants, announced a partnership with Duda in the fall of 2012. Through the partnership, Duda would provide mobile optimization for around 25,000 member restaurants.
Best Small and Medium Business Service of the Year - Best in Biz Awards
Best Technology Breakthrough - Mobile Excellence Awards
Best Interactive Services Mobile Website - Mobile Web Awards
Best Mobile Design Tool - Website Magazine
Best Mobile Website Builder - TopTenREVIEWS
OnMobile 50 Companies To Watch - AlwaysOn
Global 250 Top Private Companies to Watch - AlwaysOn
Social Responsibility/Emerging Markets (Runner-Up) - Mobile Merit Awards 2013
Silver Award (Mobile Websites - Business) - W3 Awards/International Academy of the Visual Arts
Best New Monetizing Solution - 2013 T.R.A.F.F.I.C. Awards 
Best Web Tool - Web Hosting Search
- Amie Vaccaro, 6 Startup Trends from TechCrunch Disrupt, TriplePundit, retrieved May 5, 2013
- SMBs and Mobile: Will It Be Monetized?, Screenwerk, retrieved May 5, 2013
- Nadine Heintz, Mobile Websites on the Fly, Inc., retrieved May 5, 2013
- Duda CrunchBase, CrunchBase, retrieved May 5, 2013
- Mike Shaw, Four tips to create a rich mobile web experience in less than an hour, Mobile Entertainment, retrieved May 5, 2013
- DudaMobile Website, DudaMobile, retrieved May 5, 2013
- Ingrid Lunden, Go Daddy Goes Mobile: Domain Hosting Giant Bumps Up Its Business Services With Mobile Website Builder And Mobile Commerce Option, TechCrunch, retrieved May 5, 2013
- Webs, Inc. Launches Mobile Website Builder App, Business Wire, retrieved May 5, 2013
- Kevin Fitchard, Google wants to mobilize your Web site – for free, Gigaom, retrieved May 5, 2013
- Sarah Perez, Google’s GoMo Expands, Adds DIY Mobile Website Building Tools, TechCrunch, retrieved May 5, 2013
- Andy Penfold, City of Mobile, AL Goes Mobile, MobileMarketing, retrieved May 5, 2013
- Susan Kuchinskas, How To Optimize Your Mobile Site, American Express: Open Forum, retrieved May 5, 2013
- Sarah Perez, Going After SMBs, Mobile Website Maker DudaMobile Raises $6M Series B, TechCrunch, retrieved May 5, 2013
- Sarah Perez, DudaMobile Converts Websites To Mobile Sites, Now Right On Your Mobile Phone, TechCrunch, retrieved May 5, 2013
- Michael Boland, Google's Battle for the Mobile Web, Search Engine Watch, retrieved May 5, 2013
- Sarah Mitroff, Funding daily: Australian Zappos, mobile site builder, and cloud security provider, VentureBeat, retrieved May 5, 2013
- Rick Broida, An App to Make Your Company Website Mobile-Friendly, CBS Moneywatch, retrieved May 5, 2013
- Sarah Perez, DudaMobile Makes Your Website Mobile in One Click, TechCrunch, retrieved May 5, 2013
- John Brandon, DIY Tools for Creating Smartphone-Friendly Websites, Inc., retrieved May 5, 2013
- Stephen Joyce, Are small tourism businesses really ready for the mobile revolution?, tnooz, retrieved May 5, 2013
- Sierra Jiminez, Google's next mobile web play, CNN Money, retrieved May 5, 2013
- DudaMobile Announces SMB Mobile Sites Deal with Yahoo, Screenwerk, retrieved May 5, 2013
- OpenTable Bringing Restaurant Sites Mobile Booking, The New York Times, retrieved May 5, 2013
- WSMBest Small and Medium Business Service of the Year, Best in Biz Awards, retrieved November 20, 2013
- WSMBest Technology Breakthrough - Mobile Excellence Awards, Mobile Excellence Awards, retrieved October 24, 2013
- WSMBest Interactive Services Mobile Website, Mobile Web Awards, retrieved November 14, 2013
- WSMBest Mobile Design Tool - Website Magazine, Website Magazine, retrieved September 2, 2013
- TTRBest Mobile Website Builder - TopTenREVIEWS, TechMedia Network, retrieved August 1, 2013
- OMCOnMobile 50 Companies To Watch - AlwaysOn, AlwaysOn, retrieved September 23, 2013
- AOGGlobal 250 Top Private Companies to Watch - AlwaysOn, AlwaysOn, retrieved July 2, 2013
- MMASocial Responsibility/Emerging Markets (Runner-Up) - Mobile Merit Awards 2013, Mobile Merit Awards, retrieved September 1, 2013
- W3ASilver Award (Mobile Websites - Business) - W3 Awards, W3 Awards: The International Academy of the Visual Arts, retrieved September 26, 2013
- TRABest New Monetizing Solution - 2013 T.R.A.F.F.I.C. Awards, T.R.A.F.F.I.C., retrieved August 1, 2013
- DudaMobile Is Awarded The Best Web Tool, WebHosting.com, retrieved May 25, 2012