|Industry||Consumer packaged goods|
|Founders||Sean Riley; Brian Wilkin; Ryan Meegan; Jeff Klimkowski|
Dude Wipes are disposable wipe product manufactured by Dude Products, a personal care brand based in Chicago. Dude Wipes was launched in 2012 and received the 2013 Visionary Award at the Vision 2013 Consumer Products Conference.
Dude Wipes were invented by founders and childhood friends Sean Riley, Brian Wilkin, Ryan Meegan, and Jeff Klimkowski from their apartment in Chicago, Illinois in 2010. It was marketed as a flushable personal wipe specifically for men, as an alternative to traditional baby wipes.
In 2015, the founders of Dude Products appeared on ABC reality television program Shark Tank, and secured a $300,000 investment from Dallas Mavericks owner Mark Cuban for a 25% stake in the company.
During UFC 174, Dude Wipes trended worldwide on Twitter after sponsoring fighter Tyron Woodley, with their logo appearing on his trunks. Dude Products also sponsored UFC Fighter Justine Kish after she lost control of her bowels in the ring during a choke hold.
After Arizona Diamondbacks pitcher Archie Bradley revealed in an interview that he had a bowel accident while pitching during a game, Dude Products sent him a shipment of Dude Wipes, which Bradley shared on social media and subsequently went viral.
In October 2018, Dude Wipes struck an endorsement deal with New York Jets running back Isaiah Crowell after Crowell celebrated a touchdown against the Cleveland Browns by pretending to wipe his behind with the football.
- Lukach, Adam (October 16, 2012). "Dude Wipes...For The Discerning Man--And Woman". Chicago Tribune.
- "Unique wipe product selected from five finalists in competition at VISION 2013 Consumer Products Conference in Orlando". INDA.org. February 5, 2013.
- White, Martha C. (June 6, 2013). "The Straight Poop on Dollar Shave Club's Wet Wipes For Guys". Time.
- Braff, Danielle (October 17, 2015). "Mark Cuban takes a chunk of Dudes' bathroom wipes on 'Shark Tank'". Chicago Tribune.
- Gelman, Joey (June 2, 2017). "This Dude used some Kabbage to sell toilet wipes". WGN.
- Ivory, Erin (May 25, 2018). "The story of Dude Wipes". WGN.
- Rosenfeld, Laura (October 16, 2015). "Where To Buy Dude Wipes From 'Shark Tank,' Which Are Exactly What They Sound Like". Bustle.
- Lebowitz, Shana (October 17, 2015). "Mark Cuban Just Made A $300,000 Investment In Wipes For Guys' Butts". Business Insider.
- Silverman, Lauren (November 30, 2015). "Wet Wipes: To Flush Or Not To Flush?". NPR.
- DePillis, Lydia (July 17, 2015). "Wal-Mart's self-interested shot at reviving the American factory". Washington Post.
- "Wipes, Just For Men, Reach Bigger Market". WBBM News Business Hour. April 27, 2018.
- "Making the Grade: Passes/Fails from UFC 174". Fox Sports. June 15, 2004.
- Dicker, Ron (June 30, 2017). "UFC Fighter Who Pooped Herself Gets Sponsor Offers For Butt Wipes". Huffington Post.
- Cullers, Rebecca (August 18, 2018). "Wipes, Just For Men, Reach Bigger Market". AdWeek.
- Donnelly, Matthew Scott (January 22, 2015). "ROB DYRDEK ADMITS THIS IS THE DUMBEST THING HE'S EVER DONE". MTV.
- "Wipes, Just For Men, Reach Bigger Market". Barstool Sports. October 31, 2016.
- Cwik, Chris (July 9, 2018). "Archie Bradley scores best possible endorsement after poop mishap goes viral". Yahoo Sports.
- "DUDE Products to sponsor DiBenedetto and the Go Fas Racing Ford at Pocono". ESPN.com. July 23, 2018.
- "Jets' Crowell makes best out of butt-wipeTD celebration". SI.com. Retrieved 2018-10-07.
|This product article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|