Duey Stroebel Jr.
|Member of the Wisconsin Senate|
from the 20th district
|Assumed office |
April 15, 2015
|Preceded by||Glenn Grothman|
|Member of the Wisconsin State Assembly|
from the 60th district
|Preceded by||Mark Gottlieb|
|Succeeded by||Robert Brooks|
|Born||September 1, 1959|
Cedarburg, Wisconsin, U.S.
|Political party||Republican party|
|Residence||Saukville, Wisconsin, U.S.|
|Alma mater||University of Wisconsin-Madison B.B.A. & M.S.|
Duey Stroebel Jr. (born September 1, 1959) is a politician and businessman. He is a Republican member of the Wisconsin Senate, representing the 20th District since 2015. He previously served in the Wisconsin Assembly, representing the 60th district from 2011-14.
Background and education
Stroebel served on the Cedarburg School Board from 2007 to 2012.
On April 12, 2014, Stroebel announced he would run for congress in Wisconsin's 6th district. Stroebel lost the Republican primary, finishing third with 25% of the vote. The winner of the primary, then-State Senator Glenn Grothman, won the general election.
Stroebel ran for 20th Senate District, which was vacated by Glenn Grothman after beginning his tenure in Congress. He faced Ozaukee County Board Chairman Lee Schlenvogt and Tiffany Koehler in the Republican primary. Stroebel and the other two candidates emphasized their support for Right-to-Work legislation. He won the election with 67% of the vote and was unopposed in the general election.
- 'Wisconsin Blue Book 2011-2012,' Biographical Sketch of Duey Stroebel, pg. 59
- 'Wisconsin Blue Book 2017-2018,' Biographical Sketch of Duey Stroebel, pg. 81-82
- 'Wisconsin Blue Boo 2017-2018,' Biographical Sketch of Duey Stroebel, pg, 81-82
- Duey Stroebel Elected Archived March 20, 2012, at the Wayback Machine
- Duey Stroebel Announces Run for Congress Archived May 29, 2014, at the Wayback Machine
- "Official Election Results" (PDF). G.A.B. Canvass Reporting System. Retrieved March 8, 2015.
- Glauber, Bill (February 17, 2015) - "Stroebel Cruises In Special State Senate Primary", Milwaukee Journal-Sentinel; retrieved March 8, 2015.
- AP wire service (February 17, 2015) - "Three Republicans Compete for Glenn Grothman’s Senate Seat", Fox6Now.com; retrieved March 8, 2015.
- Maichle, Kyle (February 8, 2015) - "Duey Stroebel Convincingly Wins GOP Primary for Wisconsin’s 20th Senate District". Wisconsin Election Watch. Retrieved March 8, 2015.
|This article about a member of the Wisconsin State Assembly is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|
|This article about a member of the Wisconsin State Senate is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|