|• Body||Municipal council|
|• Mayor||Huub Hieltjes ((VVD))|
|• Total||35.19 km2 (13.59 sq mi)|
|• Land||33.90 km2 (13.09 sq mi)|
|• Water||1.29 km2 (0.50 sq mi)|
|Elevation||10 m (30 ft)|
|• Density||747/km2 (1,930/sq mi)|
|Time zone||UTC+1 (CET)|
|• Summer (DST)||UTC+2 (CEST)|
Duiven (Dutch pronunciation: [ˈdœyvə(n)] (listen)) is a municipality and a town in the eastern Netherlands. Duiven's name can be translated into English to mean "pigeons" or "doves". Although the coat of arms and logo of the municipality feature pigeons, the name is etymologically related to "dunes" (Dutch: duinen). The flag of the municipality of Duiven was granted and adopted on 25 June 1954.
Dutch Topographic map of the municipality of Duiven, June 2015
On weekdays there are 4 trains per hour between Arnhem and Doetinchem, with two of these continuing to Winterswijk. On weekends there are 2 trains per hour between Arnhem and Winterswijk.
- Dean Koolhof (born 1994) a Dutch professional footballer, with over 100 club caps, plays for Helmond Sport
Duiven is twinned with:
- "College van B&W" [Board of mayor and aldermen] (in Dutch). Gemeente Duiven. Archived from the original on 27 June 2014. Retrieved 24 June 2014.
- "Kerncijfers wijken en buurten 2020" [Key figures for neighbourhoods 2020]. StatLine (in Dutch). CBS. 24 July 2020. Retrieved 19 September 2020.
- "Postcodetool for 6921ES". Actueel Hoogtebestand Nederland (in Dutch). Het Waterschapshuis. Retrieved 24 June 2014.
- "Bevolkingsontwikkeling; regio per maand" [Population growth; regions per month]. CBS Statline (in Dutch). CBS. 1 January 2019. Retrieved 1 January 2019.