Ćaleta-Car warming up for Red Bull Salzburg in 2017
|Full name||Duje Ćaleta-Car|
|Date of birth||17 September 1996|
|Place of birth||Šibenik, Croatia|
|Height||1.92 m (6 ft 4 in)|
|2014–2018||Red Bull Salzburg||84||(4)|
|2014–2015||→ Liefering (loan)||20||(0)|
* Senior club appearances and goals counted for the domestic league only and correct as of 23:25, 17 March 2019 (UTC)|
‡ National team caps and goals correct as of 26 June 2018
Duje Ćaleta-Car (born 17 September 1996) is a Croatian professional footballer who plays as a centre-back for French club Marseille and the Croatia national football team. He is a member of the Croatian squad which ended as runners-up to France in 2018 FIFA World Cup.
Red Bull Salzburg
During the 2017-18 season Salzburg had their best ever European campaign. They finished top of their Europa League group, for a record fourth time, before beating Real Sociedad and Borussia Dortmund thus making their first ever appearance in the UEFA Europa League semi-final. On 3 May 2018, he played in the Europa League semi-finals as Olympique de Marseille played out a 1–2 away loss but a 3–2 aggregate win to secure a place in the 2018 UEFA Europa League Final.
Olympique de Marseille
In October 2015, Ćaleta-Car received a first call-up for the senior national team for the Euro 2016 qualifying matches against Bulgaria and Malta, as a replacement for injured Jozo Šimunović. He was in the first 27 players team called for the Euro 2016 but was dropped along with midfielder Alen Halilović and goalkeeper Dominik Livaković.
In May 2018, he was named in Croatia’s preliminary 32 man squad for the 2018 World Cup in Russia. On 3 June, he made his international debut in a friendly match against Brazil, coming on as a substitute for Vedran Ćorluka in the 52nd minute.
In June 2019, he refused to be part of Croatia squad for 2019 UEFA Under-21 Euro, citing exhaustion and the club's demand to take a rest for the upcoming season as reasons. Soon it was discovered that the real reason was a vacation in the Maldives with his club teammate Nemanja Radonjić. As a disciplinary action, he was the only outfield player who wasn't given even a minute of playing time in senior Croatia squad's June fixtures against Wales and Tunisia and was completely dropped ahead of September fixtures against Slovakia and Azerbaijan.
Ćaleta-Car is a strong and composed, natural center-back. His composure and comfort on the ball open him up as a safe back-pass option during midfield play. He also has vision and an eye for moving the ball forward with pace or precise long ball. His performance at the 2018 Europa League and 2018 World Cup impressed many, and caught the eye of several large clubs including Ligue 1's Olympique de Marseille and La Liga's Sevilla FC.
- As of match played 20 July 2018
|Šibenik||2012–13||Croatian Second Football League||17||0||0||0||0||0||17||0|
|Liefering||2014–15||Austrian Football First League||19||0||0||0||0||0||19||0|
|Red Bull Salzburg||2014–15||Austrian Football Bundesliga||7||0||1||0||1||0||9||0|
- As of 26 June 2018
- "2018 FIFA World Cup Russia – List of Players" (PDF). FIFA.com. Fédération Internationale de Football Association. 4 June 2018. Retrieved 19 June 2018.
- "Croatia - D. Caleta-Car - Profile with news, career statistics and history - Soccerway". soccerway.com. Retrieved 3 February 2018.
- "FC Liefering vs. FAC Team für Win - 25 July 2014 - Soccerway". soccerway.com. Retrieved 24 August 2014.
- UEFA.com. "Salzburg v Marseille background". UEFA.com.
- "FC Red Bull Salzburg 2–1 Marseille". BBC Sport. 3 May 2018. Retrieved 3 May 2018.
- "Duje Caleta-Car joins Les Olympiens!". Olympique de Marseille. 20 July 2018. Retrieved 20 July 2018.
- "Celtic defender Jozo Šimunović will miss Croatia's qualifiers against Bulgaria and Malta due to injury, with Duje Ćaleta-Car called up as his replacement". hns-cff.hr. 2 October 2015. Retrieved 17 November 2015.
- "Revealed: Every World Cup 2018 squad - 23-man & preliminary lists & when will they be announced? - Goal.com".
- "Otkrivamo zašto je Ćaleta-Car otkazao reprezentaciju! Ima nevjerojatan razlog". Večernji list. 8 June 2019. Retrieved 20 August 2019.
- "IZBORNIK DALIĆ PROTIV JEDNOG POTEZA NIJE MOGAO PRIJEĆI I KAZNIO VATRENOG KOJEG JE VODIO U RUSIJU Morao je znati da mu takva odluka neće dobro proći..." Sportske novosti. 20 August 2019. Retrieved 20 August 2019.
- "Duje Ćaleta-Car". Croatian Football Federation.
- McNulty, Phil (15 July 2018). "France 4–2 Croatia". BBC. Retrieved 15 July 2018.
- "News: President Decorates Croatian National Football Team Players and Coaching Staff". Office of the President of the Republic of Croatia. 13 November 2018. Retrieved 11 January 2019.
the Order of Prince Branimir with Ribbon was awarded to Mr. Duje Ćaleta-Car...
|Wikimedia Commons has media related to Duje Ćaleta-Car.|