Duke Eugen of Württemberg (1820–1875)
||This article includes a list of references, related reading or external links, but its sources remain unclear because it lacks inline citations. (April 2017) (Learn how and when to remove this template message)|
|Duke Eugen of Württemberg|
25 December 1820|
Carlsruhe, Kingdom of Prussia
|Died||8 January 1875
Karlsruhe, Grand Duchy of Baden
|Spouse||Princess Mathilde of Schaumburg-Lippe|
Pauline, Baroness of Kirbach
|House||House of Württemberg|
|Father||Duke Eugen of Württemberg|
|Mother||Princess Mathilde of Waldeck and Pyrmont|
Duke Eugen of Württemberg (German: Herzog Eugen Wilhelm Alexander Erdmann von Württemberg; 25 December 1820 – 8 January 1875) was a German prince.
Early life and family
Duke Eugen was born at Carlsruhe, Kingdom of Prussia, second child and first son of Duke Eugen of Württemberg (1788–1857), (son of Duke Eugen of Württemberg, and Princess Louise of Stolberg-Gedern) and his wife, Princess Mathilde of Waldeck and Pyrmont (1801–1825), (daughter of George I, Prince of Waldeck and Pyrmont and Princess Augusta of Schwarzburg-Sondershausen).
Eugen was Commander of the 1st Westphalian Hussars No. 8.
Eugen died aged 54. At the time of his death he was second in the line to the throne of Württemberg after Prince William (later King William II).
Marriage and issue
On 15 July 1843, in Bückeburg, he married Princess Mathilde of Schaumburg-Lippe (1818–1891), daughter of George William, Prince of Schaumburg-Lippe and Princess Ida of Waldeck and Pyrmont. They had three children:
- Duchess Wilhelmine of Württemberg (11 July 1844 – 24 April 1892), married in 1868, Duke Nicholas of Württemberg, no issue.
- Duke Eugen of Württemberg (20 August 1846 – 27 January 1877) married in 1874 to Grand Duchess Vera Constantinovna of Russia, had issue.
- Duchess Pauline of Württemberg (11 April 1854 – 23 April 1914) married in 1880 to Dr. Melchor Hans Ottokar Willim, had issue.
|Ancestors of Duke Eugen of Württemberg (1820–1875)|
Notes and sources
- Genealogics - Leo van de Pas - Herzog Eugen von Württemberg
- thePeerage.com - Eugen Herzog von Württemberg
- The Royal House of Stuart, London, 1969, 1971, 1976, Addington, A. C., Reference: page 222
- L'Allemagne dynastique, Huberty, Giraud, Magdelaine, Reference: vol II page 525.