Duke Friedrich of Württemberg
|Hereditary Duke of Württemberg|
1 June 1961|
Friedrichshafen, Lake Constance District, Baden-Württemberg, West Germany (now Germany)
|Spouse||Princess Marie of Wied
|Father||Duke Carl, Duke of Württemberg|
|Mother||Princess Diane de Orléans of France|
|Religion||Roman Catholic Christian|
Duke Friedrich of Württemberg (Friedrich Philipp Carl Franz Maria Herzog von Württemberg; born 1 June 1961) is the heir to the headship of the House of Württemberg.
Born in Friedrichshafen he is the eldest son of Duke Carl of Württemberg and his wife Princess Diane of Orléans. His godparents were paternal grandfather Philipp Albrecht, Duke of Württemberg and maternal grandmother Princess Isabelle of Brazil.
Duke Friedrich married his distant cousin and descendant of the last king of Wurtemberg William II of Wuerttemberg, Princess Marie of Wied (born 27 December 1973 Munich), daughter of Prince Ulrich of Wied and Ilke Fischer at Altshausen in a civil marriage on 11 November 1993 followed by a religious ceremony two days later. They have one son and two daughters:
- HRH Duke Wilhelm Friedrich Carl Philipp Albrecht Nikolaus Erich Maria of Württemberg (b. Ravensburg, 13 August 1994), his godparents are: Sophie, Hereditary Princess of Liechtenstein, Prince Wilhelm of Wied (maternal uncle) and Hereditary Count Erich of Waldburg-Zeil and Trauchburg.
- HRH Duchess Marie Amelie Diane Katherine Beatrix Philippa Sophie of Württemberg (b. Ravensburg, 11 March 1996), her godparents are: Duke Phillipp of Württemberg (paternal uncle) and Countess Stephan-Georg of Waldbourg-Zeil.
- HRH Duchess Sophie-Dorothea Martina Johanna Henriette Charitas Maria of Württemberg (b. Ravensburg, 19 August 1997), her godparents are: Hereditary Countess Martina of Quadt and Count Johannes of Schaesberg.
Titles, styles and honours
- 1 June 1961 – 17 April 1975: His Royal Highness Duke Friedrich of Württemberg
- 17 April 1975 - Present: His Royal Highness Duke Friedrich, Hereditary Duke of Württemberg
National dynastic honours
- House of Württemberg: Knight Grand Cross of the Royal Order of the Crown, Special Class
- House of Württemberg: Knight Commander of the Royal Order of Military Merit
- House of Württemberg: Knight Grand Cross of the Royal Order of Frederick I, Special Class
- Austrian Imperial and Royal Family: Knight of the Imperial and Royal Order of the Golden Fleece
- Two Sicilian Royal Family: Knight Grand Cross of Justice of the Two Sicilian Royal Sacred Military Constantinian Order of Saint George
- Almanach de Gotha (182nd ed.). Almanach de Gotha. 2003. p. 395. ISBN 0-9532142-0-6.
Duke Friedrich of WürttembergBorn: 1 June 1961
|Lines of succession|
||Line of succession to the former Württembergian throne
Duke Wilhelm of Württemberg
|This article related to German royalty (1871–1919) is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|