|Born||February 6, 1955|
New York City, US
Dulcy Langfelder, better known as Dulcinea Langfelder is a multidisciplinary American artist (drama, dance, song, mime, multimedia). Born in Brooklyn, New York in 1955, she's the founder of Dulcinea Langfelder & Co.
Dulcinea studied dance with Paul Sanasardo, then mime with the master, Étienne Decroux, in Paris. She has studied theatre with Eugenio Barba and Yoshi Oida. When Decroux's assistants, Jean Asselin and Denise Boulanger, returned to Montreal to establish their company, they invited Dulcinea to join la Troupe Omnibus. She moved to Montreal in 1978.
Dulcinea signed choreographies in over twenty musical comedy and television productions. Her diversified talent, her socio-satiric sense and her inspiration garnered her the honor of being named Personality of the year by the Montreal daily, La Presse, in 1990.
- In creation: Pillow Talk
- 2008 Dulcinea's Lament
- 1999 Victoria
- 1994–1997 Portrait of Woman With Suitcase
- 1990 Hockey! O.K.?
- 1988–1996 The Lady Next Door
- 1985 Vicious Cycle
In 1985, she founded her own company which she named Virtuous Circle Dance theatre. Since then her works have toured around the world. In 1997, she changed her company's name to Dulcinea Langfelder & Co.
Dulcinea Langfelder & Co. is a non-profit organization that creates and presents multidisciplinary shows worldwide. The company aims to brighten life with entertaining creations that also refreshes our minds and souls. With a tragicomic background, her work combines drama, dance and multimedia, going through disciplinary and cultural barriers.
Dulcinea Langfelder & Co. created a total of seven shows, which have been broadcast in 7 languages on 5 continents.
- 2010 : Certificate of recognition for the Prix Hommage, Quebec Council for Elders, to Dulcinea Langfelder for her contribution to the betterment of the elder community's well-being, quality of life and participation in Quebec society.
- 2007 : Herald Angel, Edinburgh, for Victoria: critics prize of The Herald to recognize the excellence at the Edinburgh Fringe Festival (more than 2000 different shows are presented during the festival)
- 2005 : " Favorite of the public " for Victoria played during the theatre festival L'Assomption, Quebec
- 2000 : Montreal English Critics Circle Award (MECCA), Montreal to Ana Cappelluto for her stage design in Victoria (price of the Anglophones Montrealers critics circle).
- 1990 : " Year Personality in Dance " to Dulcinea Langfelder by the newspaper La Presse, Montreal
- Flannery, Vanessa (November 15, 2008). "Don Quixote's Modern Muse". Retrieved June 17, 2014.
- De Beauvoir, Simone (October 29, 2008). "The Canadian premiere of Dulcinea's Lament". Retrieved June 17, 2014.
- "Dulcinée Langfelder et Cie". RAIQ. Retrieved June 17, 2014.
- National Arts Council. "Dulcinea Langfelder & Co Annex". Retrieved June 17, 2014.[permanent dead link]
- Lambert, John (August 10, 2013). "New Work in Progress by Dulcinea Langfelder: Pillow Talk". Retrieved June 17, 2014.
- Buchan, Noah (May 28, 2010). "Theater: A female side to Cervantes?". Retrieved June 17, 2014.
- Gardner, Lyn (August 6, 2007). "Victoria". The Guardian. Retrieved June 17, 2014.
- "Portrait d'une femme avec valise". June 13, 2013. Retrieved June 17, 2014.
- "Repertoire". Retrieved June 17, 2014.
- Neilsen, Lindsay (February 5, 1996). "Dulcinea Langfelder's The Lady Next Door". Retrieved June 17, 2014.
- Seidel, Miriam (August 5, 1993). "Mime in Many Varieties at Festival". Retrieved June 17, 2014.
- "Interview: Dulcinea Langfelder". January 3, 2007. Retrieved June 17, 2014.
- "Une première tournée au Québec depuis 2002 pour Dulcinée Langfelder & Cie". March 21, 2011. Retrieved June 17, 2014.
- "2007 recipients". Retrieved June 17, 2014.
- Martel, Kassandra (March 30, 2011). "Dulcinée Langfelder offre sa complainte de l'humanité au THC". Retrieved June 17, 2014.
- "The Montreal English Critics Circle Awards 1999–2000". Retrieved June 17, 2014.
- Szporer, Philip. "LANGFELDER Dulcinea (born February 6, 1955, New York CityA.). Dancer". Retrieved June 17, 2014.
- Official website