Dulwich Hamlet F.C. Ladies
|Full name||Dulwich Hamlet Football Club|
|Founded||2010(as AFC Phoenix; merged 2019)|
|Ground||Champion Hill, London|
|Capacity||3,334 (500 seated)|
|League||London and South East Women's Regional Football League (Tier 5)|
The men's club was formed in 1893, by Lorraine 'Pa' Wilson. They were founder members of the Dulwich League in 1899, and were its inaugural champions. The club went on to retain the title the following season.
By 2018-2019 the need for the club to field a senior women's side had become apparent. A.F.C. Phoenix, a woman's football team formed less than a mile away in Clapham Common in 2010, had gained significant attention in the local SE London area for a dedicated fanbase, work ethic, and winning promotions in successive seasons.
In summer 2019, the men's club announced a merger with A.F.C. Phoenix, so that the club could field senior men's and women's teams with identical status. The women's team, now known as Dulwich Hamlet F.C. Ladies, play in the London and South East Women's Regional Football League (English Football Tier 5) for 2019–2020, with home matches and training at Champion Hill. Players are semi-professional.
Note: Flags indicate national team as defined under FIFA eligibility rules. Players may hold more than one non-FIFA nationality.
As of September 2019
|First Team Manager||Ryan Dempsey|
|First Team Coach|
|Reserves Manager||Jack Badu|
|Sports Therapist||Bukola Woodburne-Dyer|
As Dulwich Hamlet:
As A.F.C. Phoenix:
- League titles
- Champions (2016-2017)
- Runners-up (2017-2018, 2018-2019)
- League Cup
- Winners (2017-2018)
- Runners-up (2018-2019)
- Mike Williams & Tony Williams (2012) Non-League Club Directory 2013, p578 ISBN 978-1-869833-77-0
- Official Handbook Dulwich Football League, p3
- "VIDEO: AFC Phoenix merge with Dulwich Hamlet to form first DHFC Women's Squad".
- "AFC Phoenix become Dulwich Hamlet Women's FC". 6 June 2019.
- "London & South East Regional Women's".
- [dead link]
- [dead link]
- "Dulwich Hamlet Announce New Women's Team".