Dulwich Hill railway station
Eastbound view from Platform 2 in August 2006
|Location||Wardell Road, Dulwich Hill|
|Operated by||Sydney Trains|
|Distance||7.87 kilometres from Central|
|Platforms||2 (1 island)|
|Connections||Bus, Light Rail|
|Opened||1 February 1895|
|Previous names||Wardell Road|
To the north of the station, lie two tracks that are part of the Metropolitan Goods line. Opposite the platform lay a triangular junction that connected the Metropolitan Goods line to a branch to Rozelle. This was removed in October 2012 in preparation for the conversion of the Rozelle line to light rail.
The station has two platforms in an island platform configuration, the only station on the section running parallel to the goods line not to be converted to side platforms. The station buildings date from 1935.
Platforms & services
|1||services to Central & the City Circle|||
|2||services to Lidcombe & Liverpool via Bankstown|||
Sydney Buses operate one route via Dulwich Hill station:
- Oakes, John. "Sydney's Forgotten Goods Railways" Australian Railway Historical Society 2001 ISBN 0-909650-54-3
- Dulwich Hill Station NSWrail.net
- Dulwich Hill Railway Station Group NSW Environment & Heritage
- "T3: Bankstown line timetable" (PDF). Sydney Trains. 20 October 2013 [amended January 2015].
- "Route 412 timetable" (PDF). Sydney Buses. 21 March 2010 [Reprinted June 2014].
- NightRide bus services Transport Info NSW
- Light Rail information NSW Transport Information