Dulwich OnView is a museum-based virtual community associated with the Dulwich Picture Gallery for the local community, based in the suburb of Dulwich, southeast London, England. It runs a blog-based online magazine concerned with people and culture in Dulwich and the surrounding area.
The group was formed through the Friends of Dulwich Picture Gallery in a grassroots manner. and is supported by the Gallery. It uses a combination of Web 2.0 technologies as needed, using facilities such as a Facebook group for the film society of the Friends of the Dulwich Picture Gallery, Flickr for photographs taken by the local community, a magazine blog on WordPress, "tweets" on Twitter, etc., to support its activities. The group is entirely run by volunteers. The editorial team for the main website is led by Ingrid Beazley and Shapa Begum.
In 2010, the web interface was updated with multiple sections and a new style. Shortly afterwards, the site won the Museums and the Web Best of the Web award in the "best small site" category.
In 2012, Dulwich OnView included articles in the graffiti artist Stik after he produced works in Dulwich, also featured by Dulwich Picture Gallery. In 2013, Dulwich OnView reported on the Dulwich Street Art Festival showcasing street art based on traditional artworks in Dulwich Picture Gallery, forming Dulwich Outdoor Gallery.
- Beazley, Ingrid, Reach new audiences, increase numbers of visitors, and become a major part of the local community by using online social networking sites and blogs. In David Bearman and Jennifer Trant (editors), MW2008: Museums and the Web 2008, Montreal, Quebec, Canada, 9–12 April 2008. Toronto: Archives & Museum Informatics.
- Beazley, Ingrid, Social Media and Museums — A Report from Ingrid in Montreal, Dulwich OnView, 15 April 2008.
- Who We Are, Dulwich OnView.
- Ooi, Yang-May, Patrons of Dulwich Picture Gallery, Fusion View, 31 March 2009.
- Friends of the Gallery, Dulwich Picture Gallery.
- In View & Dulwich OnView, Dulwich Picture Gallery.
- GalleryFilm at Dulwich Picture Gallery, Facebook.
- Dulwich Picture Gallery flickr Friends, Flickr.
- Blogs about: Dulwich Onview, WordPress.
- dulwichonview, Twitter.
- Liu, Alison H.Y., McDaid, Sarah, Bowen, Jonathan P., and Beazley, Ingrid, Dulwich OnView: A Museum Blog Run by the Community for the Community. In David Bearman and Jennifer Trant (editors), MW2010: Museums and the Web 2010, Denver, United States, 13–17 April 2010. Archives & Museum Informatics.
- Beazley, Ingrid, Bowen, Jonathan P., McDaid, Sarah, and Liu, Alison H.Y., Dulwich OnView: An art museum-based virtual community generated by the local community. In Alan Seal, Jonathan P. Bowen, and Kia Ng (eds.), EVA London 2010 Conference Proceedings, Electronic Workshops in Computing (eWiC), British Computer Society, 2010, pages 79–86.
- "Congratulations to the MW2010 Best of the Web Winners". Archive.org. Museums and the Web. 16 April 2010.
- Beazley, Ingrid, DOV Wins International Award, Dulwich OnView, 19 April 2010.
- "Walking with Stik". Dulwich OnView. 12 June 2012. Retrieved June 17, 2012.
- "Classical art meets street art as Stik takes to the streets of Dulwich". press.dulwichpicturegallery.org.uk. UK: Dulwich Picture Gallery. 9 May 2012. Retrieved 17 June 2012.
- Beazley, Ingrid (30 April 2013). "Baroque the Streets: Dulwich Street Art Festival". Dulwich OnView. Retrieved 8 January 2015.