Dulwich Outdoor Gallery
Dulwich Outdoor Gallery (DOG) is a collection of street art in south London, with works based on traditional paintings in Dulwich Picture Gallery. The DOG was established by Ingrid Beazley, a pioneer of promoting street art.
The Dulwich Street Art Festival was held in 2013 showcasing the artworks. It was a collaboration between the Dulwich Picture Gallery education department and Street Art London. Dulwich Outdoor Gallery consists of a collection of murals painted by international contemporary street artists, based on Baroque paintings in the Dulwich Picture Gallery collection. The artworks are in a number of locations around Dulwich.
In 2012, the street artist Stik collaborated with Ingrid Beazley of Dulwich Picture Gallery to recreate old master pictures on the streets of Dulwich. In 2013, the street artists Conor Harrington, MadC, Mear One, Thierry Noir, Nunca, Phlegm, Reka One, Remi Rough and System, and ROA also became involved to form the Dulwich Outdoor Gallery. Subsequently, some of the street artists were commissioned to produce artworks as book covers.
- "Conor Harrington x Spraying Bricks Dulwich Video". www.hookedblog.co.uk. UK: Hooked Bog. 20 August 2013. Retrieved 10 January 2015.
- Beazley, Ingrid (2015). Street Art, Fine Art. London: Heni Publishing. ISBN 978-0-9568738-5-9.
- "Dulwich Street Art – the inside story". www.dulwichfestival.co.uk. UK: Dulwich Festival. 9–18 May 2013. Retrieved 8 January 2015.
- Beazley, Ingrid (30 April 2013). Street Art Fine Art: Dulwich Outdoor Gallery. UK: Dulwich Picture Gallery. Retrieved 8 January 2015.
- inspriringcity (30 April 2017). "Tribute to Ingrid Beazley the Street Art Pioneer who founded the Dulwich Picture Gallery". Inspiring City. Retrieved 6 May 2017.
- "Baroque The Streets: Dulwich Street Art Festival 2013". streetartlondon.co.uk. UK: Street Art London. 30 April 2013. Retrieved 8 January 2015.
- "Street Art". www.dulwichfestival.co.uk. UK: Dulwich Festival. 9–18 May 2013. Retrieved 8 January 2015.
- Beazley, Ingrid (30 April 2013). "Baroque the Streets: Dulwich Street Art Festival". Dulwich OnView. Retrieved 8 January 2015.
- Harper, Leah (24 August 2013). "Baroque paintings given a street art makeover – in pictures". The Observer. UK. Retrieved 3 February 2015.
- "Dulwich Outdoor Gallery". Culture24. UK. Retrieved 8 January 2015.
- "Dulwich Outdoor Gallery". Google Maps. Google. Retrieved 8 January 2015.
- "The Outdoor Street Gallery of Dulwich". inspiringcity.com. Inspiring City. 8 May 2013. Retrieved 9 January 2015.
- Beazley, Ingrid (2015). Street Art, Book Art. London: Heni Publishing. ISBN 978-0-9568738-6-6.
|Wikimedia Commons has media related to Dulwich Outdoor Gallery.|
|This public art article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|
|This London-related article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|