Map of Ilocos Norte showing the location of Dumalneg
|Region||Ilocos (Region I)|
|• Mayor||Lairvee Garvida Espiritu|
|• Total||88.48 km2 (34.16 sq mi)|
|• Density||21/km2 (53/sq mi)|
|Time zone||PST (UTC+8)|
|Income class||5th class; rural|
Until 2013 when the writ of execution was issued, Dumalneg was composed of only a single barangay of the same name. On August 10, 2012, the Supreme Court ruled in favor of Dumalneg in its territorial dispute with neighboring Bangui over the jurisdiction of Barangay San Isidro.
Dumalneg is politically divided in 2 barangays:
- Dumalneg Proper
- San Isidro
|Population census of Dumalneg|
|Source: National Statistics Office|
There are few jeepneys that are going to Dumalneg. Tricycles are the main transportation to the town. Dumalneg is a landlocked town, and the only way to get there is via the Dumalneg Road, starting on the highway in Brgy. Lanao, Bangui, to the Town's Proper.
There are few attractions in Dumalneg. Mainly the Bolo River, locally known as "Ar-ar-o", the place where peoples of Bangui and Pagudpud also going in the said river. Also the view of the mountains of Vintar are considered also the town's attraction.
- "Official City/Municipal 2013 Election Results". Intramuros, Manila, Philippines: Commission on Elections (COMELEC). 11 September 2013. Retrieved 3 October 2013.
- "Province: ILOCOS NORTE". PSGC Interactive. Makati City, Philippines: National Statistical Coordination Board. Retrieved 3 October 2013.
- "Total Population by Province, City, Municipality and Barangay: as of May 1, 2010" (PDF). 2010 Census of Population and Housing. National Statistics Office. Retrieved 3 October 2013.
- "One Barangay Transferred to Another Municipality in the Second Quarter of 2011". National Statistical Coordination Board. Web. 19 Sep 2013.
- "Province of Ilocos Norte". Municipality Population Data. LWUA Research Division. Retrieved 3 October 2013.
- Wallace, Ben J. (2006). The changing village environment in Southeast Asia: applied anthropology and environmental reclamation in the northern Philippines. Psychology Press. p. 36. ISBN 978-0-415-36484-3.
- Pasyalan Ilocos Norte
- Philippine Standard Geographic Code
- Philippine Census Information
- Local Governance Performance Management System
|This article about a Philippine location is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|