Duncan Mackay (musician)
This biography of a living person needs additional citations for verification. (June 2013) (Learn how and when to remove this template message)
|Born||26 July 1950|
|Origin||Leeds, Yorkshire, England|
|Instruments||Vocals, keyboards, trumpet|
|Associated acts||Steve Harley & Cockney Rebel, Colosseum II, 10cc, Alan Parsons Project, Kate Bush|
In 2004, he completed an album with South African singer/composer Greg McEwan-Kocovaos, The First Time. This indie album received its first airplay on Radio Caroline by the veteran UK DJ Martin Turner and was reviewed by the official 10cc fan site.
He played with Steve Harley & Cockney Rebel from 1975 to 1977 and 10cc from 1978 to 1981, and also played on Kate Bush's first three albums, The Kick Inside (1978), Lionheart (1978 ) and Never for Ever (1980), as well as Camel's 1981 album, Nude, and Budgie's 1982 album, Deliver Us from Evil.
- Recorded at Gallo Recording Studios, April 1974
- Remixed at Pye Studios
- Arranger, producer – Duncan Mackay
- Artwork: Norman Catherine
- Artwork [Calligraphy]: Anne Marie Mackay
- Artwork [Cover Typography]: Roy Clucas
- Composed by Duncan Mackay
- Engineer: Peter Thuiaites
- Photography by Rod Lazarus
- Tape Op: Steve Prestage
- Duncan Mackay – vocals, piano, electric piano, synthesizer
- Gordon Mackay – violin, electric piano, piano
- Mike Gray – drums
- Produced by John Wetton
- Executive producer: Duncan Mackay
- Recording engineer: Ray Hendriksen
- Mixing engineer: Dennis Weinreich
- Recorded and mixed at Scorpio Studios, London August - September 1976
- Duncan Mackay – keyboards, Yamaha grand piano, Hammond B3, Clavinet D6, Wurlitzer 200, Roland Sequencer, ARP 2600, ARP 2800, ARP 2701, ARP2100 ARP 2200
- Steve Harley – vocals on "Time Is No Healer"
- John Wetton – vocals (except for "Time Is No Healer")
- Clive Chaman – bass, Fender Precision Bass
- Andrew McCulloch – drums & percussion
- Mel Collins – flute on "Time Is No Healer"
- Wilf Gibson – orchestra arrangements
- Yvonne Keeley – vocal effects
- Distributed by WEA Records Ltd.
- Published by Heath Levy Music Co. Ltd.
- Engineer: Duncan Mackay
- Producer: Duncan Mackay
- Written by Duncan Mackay
- Recorded and Mixed at Duncan MacKay's private studio on Allen & Heath Studio equipment during August 1980.
- Steve Harley & Cockney Rebel
- Kate Bush
- Nude (1981)
- Deliver Us from Evil (1982)
- with Greg McEwan Kocovaos
- The First Time (2004)
- Strong, Martin C. (2000). The Great Rock Discography (5th ed.). Edinburgh: Mojo Books. pp. 424–425. ISBN 1-84195-017-3.
- "The Best Years of Our Lives Tour Programme - Page Ten". myweb.tiscali.co.uk. Retrieved 2016-07-05.
- Duncan Mackay discography and album reviews, credits & releases at AllMusic
- Duncan Mackay discography, album releases & credits at Discogs.com
- Duncan Mackay biography, discography, album credits & user reviews at ProgArchives.com
- Duncan Mackay albums to be listened as stream at Spotify.com
|This article on a British keyboardist is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|