|Alma mater||New York University|
|Occupation||Film director, screenwriter|
After the short subject film The Mountain King (2000), which was screened at over thirty international festivals, he wrote and directed his first feature film, Transamerica in 2005. His book Many Fish is published by Ascent, and his photos and pictures are exhibited at many New York art galleries.
- 2005 Verzaubert International Gay and Lesbian Film Festival — Rosebud Award (Best Feature Film) for Transamerica
- 2005 San Francisco International Gay and Lesbian Film Festival — Audience Award (Best Feature) for Transamerica
- 2005 Deauville Film Festival - Best Screenplay for Transamerica
- 2005 Berlin International Film Festival - Siegessäule Readers' Prize for Transamerica
- 2006 Independent Spirit Award for Best First Screenplay for Transamerica
- 2005 Woodstock Film Festival — Audience Award for Narrative Feature for Transamerica
- 2006 GLAAD Media Award - Outstanding Feature Limited Release
- 2006 Equality California Entertainment Award
- Scott, A. O. (December 2, 2005). "A Complex Metamorphosis of the Most Fundamental Sort". The New York Times. CS1 maint: discouraged parameter (link)
- "About Duncan Tucker". Jewish Family Service. Retrieved 21 August 2020.
- "Verzaubertfilmfest.com". Archived from the original on 2007-05-09. Retrieved 2007-04-26.
- Frameline.org Archived 2007-05-10 at the Wayback Machine
- Berlinale.de (p.36)