Duncraig railway station
Station platform, looking east (towards Inverness)
|Place||Duncraig Castle, near Plockton|
|Managed by||Abellio ScotRail|
|Number of platforms||1|
|Live arrivals/departures, station information and onward connections
from National Rail Enquiries
|Annual rail passenger usage*|
|1897||Opened as Duncraig Platform|
|23 May 1949||Opened to the public|
|10 September 1962||Renamed|
|7 December 1964||Closed|
|5 January 1976||Reopened|
|National Rail – UK railway stations|
|* Annual estimated passenger usage based on sales of tickets in stated financial year(s) which end or originate at Duncraig from Office of Rail and Road statistics. Methodology may vary year on year.|
|UK Railways portal|
Duncraig railway station is a remote railway station by the shore of Loch Carron on the Kyle of Lochalsh Line, serving Duncraig Castle, a mansion near Plockton, in the Highland council area of northern Scotland. It was originally a private station, and features a unique little octagonal waiting room. The station is unstaffed and is a request stop.
Monday to Saturday, Duncraig is served, by request, by four services each way between Inverness and Kyle of Lochalsh. On Sundays, there are two services each way in summer, reducing to one each way in winter.
|Preceding station||National Rail||Following station|
Kyle of Lochalsh Line
- Butt 1995, p. 85.
- Wills, Dixe (8 April 2014). "Stop the train, I want to get off: The magic of Britain's railway request stations". The Independent. Retrieved 27 July 2015.
- "Listed Building Report - Duncraig Halt". Historic Scotland. Retrieved 5 September 2012.
- Vallance, H.A.; Clinker, C.R.; Lambert, Anthony J. (1985). The Highland Railway : The History of the Railways of the Scottish Highlands - Vol 2 (4th ed.). David St John Thomas. ISBN 0946537232.
- Butt, R. V. J. (1995). The Directory of Railway Stations: details every public and private passenger station, halt, platform and stopping place, past and present (1st ed.). Sparkford: Patrick Stephens Ltd. ISBN 1-8526-0508-1. OCLC 60251199.
- Media related to Duncraig railway station at Wikimedia Commons
|This Scotland railway station-related article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|