Dundas West station
|Location||2365 Dundas Street West
|Connections||Bloor GO Station|
|Opened||25 February 1966|
Dundas West is a station on the Bloor–Danforth subway line in Toronto, Ontario, Canada. It is located just north of Bloor Street West at the corner of Dundas Street and Edna Avenue. The station is about 200 metres west of Bloor GO Station on the GO Transit Kitchener line and the Union Pearson Express.
Wi-Fi service is available at this station. A McDonald's restaurant serves the station, with access from both the fare-paid and non-fare-paid areas of the station's upper level, and there is a Gateway Newstand on the mezzanine level.
To the east of the station, the subway runs in a twin bored tunnel until just before the next station (Lansdowne). This allowed the tracks to pass underneath nearby railway lines without disturbing them during construction. To the west, the tracks follow a short "cut and cover" tunnel before emerging outside at the Dorval Portal. Trains run in open-air until they enter Keele Station.
South of the subway platforms, underground, are the four tunnels that comprise the Vincent Subway Yard. This station is also home to the Subway Track Maintenance Office, located on the Mezzanine level.
Nearby landmarks include The Crossways residential and retail complex, Bishop Marrocco/Thomas Merton Catholic Secondary School, The Lithuanian House banquet hall, Roncesvalles and The Junction neighbourhoods.
In 2002 as part of a scheduled reconstruction of the streetcar tracks on Dundas Street, a second streetcar track and platform was added in an effort to improve reliability on both the 504 King and 505 Dundas streetcar routes. Until the completion of the second track, a streetcar waiting in the station on either route could hold up vehicles on the other. At the same time, elevators were added, making the station wheelchair-accessible.
- 40 Junction to Runnymede Road
- 168 Symington to Rogers Road and Weston Road
- 193 Exhibition Rocket to West Entrance - operates during the Canadian National Exhibition only
- 304 Blue Night King to Broadview Station
- 306 Blue Night Carlton to Main Street Station
- 312 Blue Night St. Clair to St. Clair Station
- 504 King to Broadview Station
- 505 Dundas to Broadview Station
Connection to Bloor GO station
Metrolinx plans to build a direct connection to Dundas West station to the nearby Bloor GO Station with a new pedestrian tunnel from the east end of the subway platforms. Currently customers transferring from the TTC to GO/UPX need to walk 200 metres east along city streets from the only station entrance, at the west end of the subway platforms.
- "Subway ridership, 2015" (PDF). Toronto Transit Commission. Retrieved April 10, 2017.
This table shows the typical number of customer-trips made on each subway on an average weekday and the typical number of customers travelling to and from each station platform on an average weekday.
- "There's now free WiFi at over 40 TTC subway stations". blogTO. Retrieved 2016-12-21.
- "GO and TTC make a connection at Dundas West" Tess Kalinowski, Toronto Star. March 22, 2011
- Tess Kalinowski (2015-05-22). "Union Pearson Express riders at Bloor face two-year wait for tunnel to TTC". Toronto Star. Retrieved 2015-05-22.
|Wikimedia Commons has media related to Dundas West Station.|